Citgo and Mystic brand motor oil - Anyone have info or experience with either oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with Citgo and/or Mystic motor oils? Are they a good value for the price? I know alot of Farmers and Ranchers here in Kansas use Mystic products with pretty good results. Any information would be appreciated.

Yeah I use their stuff . Have the Citgo 5w-40 Syndurance in one of my bike motors , their 5w-30 Mystik in the MIL car . It's all good stuff to include their gear oils . You name it , they make it and just of late they are the 4th largest in the USA .

They make a few oils for the Yamaha and Kawasaki labels

They are not afraid of spending a little money on the additive packs either

Citgo HM 10w-30 used

Boron 178
Silicon 9
Moly 84
Magnesium 275
Calcium 1773
Barium 5
Phos 1258
Zinc 1371

SL 5w-30 Mystik

Moly 108
Boron 185
Calcium 1913
Magnesium 9
Phos 1036
Zinc 1148

The new Mystik 5w-30 just say's beyond GF-4 and has stayed API SL for the time being . I read into it that they increased oxidation stability w/o dropping the zinc/phos . Time will tell if a UOA or VOA is ever posted . Most walk past these great oils and buy a lesser oil for more money He He
smile.gif

I use both the plain Supergard, and the HM Ultragard and like them both, I just need to pony up for a UOA. Thanks to Motorbike's many VOA I decided to give the Citgo products a whirl and so far so good. I will tell you this, I liked my Supergard 10w-30 for on cold mornings better than the free 5w-30 Durablend I put in a week or so ago, with the same filter combination, a lot less initial chatter and noise, and less sluggish on the Supergard. I like it!!

Look at the HT/HS of their new 15 buck a 6 pack PCMO 10w-30 Synthetic PDF 10w-30

And new for this year they have a 15w-40 CI-4 PAO Synthetic Blend TBN 12 for around 2.60 a quart .

Last analysis I saw of their CI-4 15w-40 showed over 4000 ppm calcium and lotsa boron n stuff
shocked.gif

They have a pretty sweet buck fourty a quart CI-4 rated 10w-30 too that I did not think much about till I saw it in action

The Mystic and Harvest King brands are all over down here in Atwoods and Orscheln.

I beleive the Harvest King products to be a cut above in performance and a little below in price compared to Citgo and Mystic.

It's all I use in my domestic iron.

SX-8 synthetic blend 10/30 in my 96 Blazer; JT-8 premium gas (5/30 GF-4) in my 99 S-10 and 97 Expedition. SX-8 synthetic blend 15/50 in my XJ-6 in the Summer.

All the diffs get Mystik and all the transmissions that use Dexron III get the Harvest King ATF.

Oh, I forgot the bulldozer and tractor get JT-8 15/50.

I know of a couple of longtime local mechanics that use only Mystik oil. One of these guys used to race cars and he used Mystik 15W-40 oil in his racing cars.

My Dad was a longtime mechanic and construction worker and he told me that Mystik was good oil. I have used Mystik myself.

At a new car dealership in Canon City a mechanic who works there told me that several people bring in their own Mystik oil instead of using the Valvoline that the dealership uses.

There are only two places around here that I know of that carry Mystik oil.

My local mechanic uses drums of TropArtic 10w-30 in summer and 5w-30 in winter. He thinks it's great and I have no reason to doubt him.

quote:

Most walk past these great oils

Motorbike - In your experience, where are these oils sold, so that we can walk past them, or at least up to them? Are these truck stop or bulk oils only?

P.S. I realize the distribution methods in Antarctica may be slightly different than elsewhere.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TooManyWheels:

quote:

Most walk past these great oils

Motorbike - In your experience, where are these oils sold, so that we can walk past them, or at least up to them? Are these truck stop or bulk oils only?

The Mystik is in all Oklahoma Walmarts , Tractor Supply , O'Reilly's and Autozones I've been to and farm store such as Atwoods has it.

I know the no longer made Mystik 15w-50 Syn Blend is in Houston because a friend of mine is running it in his bike motor and just bought some of the new 15w-40 Syn Blend in Houston .

The Citgo dot com site has a marketer/distributor locator for both brands

I have seen the Citgo Ultralife HM at Meijer (and the only place I have seen it) for those in the Michigan, Ohio, Indiana area.

Hey, I am running Citgo Superguard right now with the 2nd ARx treatment and another load of Superguard for the rinse. Got it for 50 cents a quart at the Dollar Store a while back!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 69 Riv GS:
Motorbike,
I noticed the 10w-30 HM now carries the API dounut/SL
frown.gif
. It never did before, did it?

Nope no previous donut. I read on the internet where they might get it certified or whatever it's called though .

It still could carry almost 1300ppm zinc though depending on how they went about it and type used. SL 5w-30 Phillips Trop Artic had over 1200ppm zinc as I recall . The VOA I had run is posted

The Mystik 5w-30 stayed SL and just say's " beyond GF-4 " on the label . Slight color change on that one and a VOA will be posted just any day now .

Speaking of , I'd like to see the new Ultralife through analysis betting it's still really good
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 69 Riv GS:
[

Have you seen their Citgard Syndurance 0w-30?
Here

Oh Oh My
smile.gif
I did not know they made a 1/4 mile drag race oil just ripe for spiking with some OTC additives I have here
smile.gif

I'll have to call around about that stuff . It's the oil junkie in me ...you know
grin.gif

In the NY/NJ area you can get Citgo oils at Shoprite (a supermarket chain). They carry regular dino,high mileage,and full synthetic.
Mystik can be purchased at Tractor Supply but only in a couple of grades. Tractor Supply carries a brand called Traveller in various grades. Does anyone know who makes Traveller oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back