Motorcraft Syn Blend vs SuperTech Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's almost time to change the oil again on my 06 Ford Ranger 4.0 V6. Last time I used Motorcraft 5w30 Synthetic Blend, and it's a good oil. I also used it in my Accord and my Explorer and my Explorer especially seems to like it. But it's gone up in price from $2.32 per quart to $2.48/qt. My Ranger uses 5 qts, so that's $12.40. For just about a dollar more, I can get a 5-qt jug of SuperTech full synthetic. Soo....which would you guys go with? I have no experience with any SuperTech products so I have no idea how good this oil is. I usually change the oil every 3,000 miles, which is usually about every 6 months. I only drive this truck about 36 miles per day, 3 times per week (108 miles per week) and it's mostly highway.

Throwing out either MC blend OR ST synth after 3,000 miles is just a waste. Either one will do 5,000 miles easy. If you insist on 3k oil changes, then use the least expensive oil you can find.

IMHO. YMMV. Professional Driver. Closed Course. Do not attempt.

grin2.gif

Last edited:
i agree, you could go 5K easily but if you like to drain every 6 months (or 4 like merkava) then its really not going to matter what you use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back