Dello 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been useing Dello 400 15-40 in my 2005 Chevy Duramax,is there sometingg better for the same price or less ? been getting it at Costco in the 6 one gallon jugs for $58.00.

I would say Dello is the best of the most common over the counter oils Rotella, Delvac 1300 etc .Though with the new formulation all should be close to equal .

Is the Dello next to the Jello?
grin2.gif

I think the previous (CI4+) was probably the best for the price...CJ4's overall performance is yet to be determined, but it appears positive.

yes the doller is in the toilet,look at the price of Diesel now over last year . anyone ever do a head to head test of Dello vrs Rottela ?

Originally Posted By: GONIFF
yes the doller is in the toilet,look at the price of Diesel now over last year . anyone ever do a head to head test of Dello vrs Rottela ?

Yup - that's good humor there!

Back on track: I don't see any real performance differences in the big-3 (Rotella, Delo, Delvac). Each oil behaves slightly differently, but all do very well. And keep in mind that most people here don't apply good analytical controls to their UOA's; they hop from brand to brand, praising or cursing brand "X" with little, if any, good reason.

If price is your overall concern, just buy one of the three you find on sale at OCI time. If UOA's are your main concern, pick one and stick with it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3!
keep in mind that most people here don't apply good analytical controls to their UOA's; they hop from brand to brand, praising or cursing brand "X" with little, if any, good reason.

Well said.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
GONIFF said:

"Yup - that's good humor there!

Back on track: I don't see any real performance differences in the big-3 (Rotella, Delo, Delvac). Each oil behaves slightly differently, but all do very well. And keep in mind that most people here don't apply good analytical controls to their UOA's; they hop from brand to brand, praising or cursing brand "X" with little, if any, good reason.

If price is your overall concern, just buy one of the three you find on sale at OCI time. If UOA's are your main concern, pick one and stick with it. [/quote"

I agree with you to some extent, but you are generalizing a bit there for sure. I certainly wouldn't say "most" people on the board act in this manner, on other diesel/performance/automotive related forums maybe. But not this one. Might be an idea to keep your opinion of "what you think others are doing/have done" without any proof toned down.

Last edited:
Just arrived home from AZ a while ago. Picking up a few extra qts of M1 5W-40 TDT. Noticed all the Gals were marked $11.59--->Delo & Rotella & Mobil. OUCH! WM was still $9.95 a Gal on ea.

Diesel Prices!! Now our Oil!! Time for a second job.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Is the Dello next to the Jello?
grin2.gif

No, it's nearer to the Mobile 1.
wink.gif

Delo has always been one of the top performers. As for price, Costco always had better prices to their customers than Chevron sold to me when I was a distributor.

My gripe with delo is the supposed reformulation for thenew specs. Delo 400 15w40 worked great in my F350, better (to my ears) than the amsoil 5w30.

Now, with the new formula, who knows what I get? I like things to stay the same.

What is the difference between Delo400LE and Delo 400? OR Rotella T and Rotella triple protection? Thinking about switching my boat to a 15w40 HDEO versus the 25w40 mecr oil. It has twin 7.4L Merc/GM Engines. 380HP with forged pistons/crank/cam. Which do you guys think is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back