What is SLOB used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People use it to boost the ZDDP level of their oil. The newer oils had to cut back their levels so you can use it to bring those levels back if you want.

SLOB is a nice dose of ZDDP and calcium. Unlike many of these additives, SLOB is not in a thick, goopy base oil. If you are inclined to run high zddp/calcium levels either for long drain ability or a high stress engine environment, it might be your ticket. Folks running old pushrod flat tappet engines with high spring pressures might also be interested in extra anti-wear additives.

It's not needed for most folks, truthfully. But when it was available on close-out for a buck or buck-fifty, it was a nice cheap way to raise regular PCMO motor oil additive levels to heavy duty levels. Certainly wasn't worth it's original $8-11 pricetag....but $1???

There's still a buttload of it at my local Big Lots. I'd snatch it all up but I don't use what I have.

Stock up and sell it on eBay.
Somebody will buy it.
Isn't that guy still selling the 20Hp coolant sensor resistor...

Originally Posted By: globey
There's still a buttload of it at my local Big Lots. I'd snatch it all up but I don't use what I have.

All I have is the STP Oil Stabilizer (32oz) for $2. I dont recall how big the SLOB bottle is.

Its about the size of an ARX bottle and its pink with a civic on it.. maybe thats why it failed :p

I'll pick some more up just to top off our cars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back