Gross behavior at work you have come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number one gross behaviour on my 'workplace gross behaviors list' is the not washing of hands after a whee-whee or a doo-doo. That just freaks me out and I avoid the cubicles and the keyboards of these people.

The number two gross behavior is what I encountered today. Two dudes came in to the bathroom, one was taking a wheez and the other one was standing behind him talking business. That is gross. Let the man take care of his natural needs and wait outside.

We have a guy at the office that NEVER washes his hands coming out of the bathroom stall. Everyone knows about, including HR. They are probably finding a "sensative" way to deal with the problem. I was very close to putting a bottle of hand sanitizer on his desk. Complete jack@zz. Been going on for a while now. Just amazes me.

One day a lady from another office came in and got a cup of coffee from our pot (she paid and there was not prohibition on this). My boss commented, "You really like our coffee. Do you know what makes it so good? It's because I spit in it." Later that day he went over and apologized to her.

Oh, here is another: A secretary, knowing some of us are biologists, brought a bird's head in that she found outside the building on the street (a peregrin falcon had killed it). She put it on the countertop on a paper plate for display. Eventually the security officer made us take it outside and throw it in a dumpster. But she had just cupped in in her bare hand to carry it up. Pretty gross.

Originally Posted By: MarkC
I saw one of the HOT HOT HOT women digging her unerdwear out of her buttcrack. Not very graceful or appetizing.
I may argue with you about that.
crazy2.gif
You think she needed help?

Guy next office over clips his toenails. I can hear it. clip clip clip.

Woman from another department was moping in the kitchen about her sick dog, then an engineer from my dept told a dead dog joke. I was waiting for the microwave to finish but wanted to disappear from embarrasment.

oh I used to work at a restaurant making sandwiches and the guy next to me ran grill. He made hamburgers from a 5 lb bucket of chuck then flung them up on the ceiling, where they'd stick to the sheetrock for a second then detatch with a fatty suction cup type noise and drop back down. He'd then fry 'em up.

The OP should have restricted the discussion to office type jobs as there are surely common horror stories for certain industries.

I know a guy at our place who I watched leave the bathroom without washing his hands, then going to a central table in the office with cake on it, digging out a piece BY HAND, and eating it. Needless to say I've never eaten any "public" food from there since then.

I work at a Fortune 500 company. I was tranferred to a location where the Mgr had left(he himself tranfered). He had the habit of chewing tobacco and he would spit in paper cups. He would leave the cups all over his office, as well as the work area other mgr ofices and employee breakroom.I cant believe he got away with that behavior to this day

I have observed the not washing hands after the bathroom thing and that is just so disgusting. Some of the other things that are being described here make me cringe.

How about the employee who never washes his hands after a #1 or #2 event, then handles food or fruit at his desk, and offers a slice to everyone. No thank you very much.

Nose pickers are pretty disgusting. If the social environment is basic enough, flatulence appears to be on the rise as a bad habit of choice to share.

..now the underwear in the buttcrack thing ...

Speaking of gross behavior at work, what about disgusting jobs? For example, the ancient pharaohs employed servants whose job it was to pick the nose of their master. With all that sand, which as Anakin Skywalker so eloquently stated, "get's in anywhere," in conjunction with all that dry desert air, the royal palace was likely one giant and very efficient nose-picking operation. And it could have been only worse for the poor schmucks living in tent city -- they all were avid, compulsive pickers, cleaning house 24/7.

Worst behaviour that I've seen in 20 years of the power industry was on a shutdown in 2006.

The skills shortage has hit us hard when gearing up for shut-down works, and a commons answer to the interview question "Why are you at this interview" was "that my payments will be cut off if I don't turn up"...and these guys ended up short listed.

The Contractor's amenities are a couple hundred yard walk from the job site, and the boiler is around 80m high. So we've got lifts, and placed toilet blocks mid way up, to allow the guys to go when they need.

During this particular shutdown, they started vandalising the lifts (not because they really wanted to use the stairs, it just gave them excuses to not be on the job)...later smeared the toilet walls in faeces...then could explain their half hour absences with long walks and lots of stairs.

I remember another incident. A college had brought some cheese from Wisconsin and offered me. The problem was that there was hair near the bag of the cheese that closely resembled pu bic hair. I don't remember if I had the cheese - I may have blacked out the memory.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Nose pickers are pretty disgusting. If the social environment is basic enough, flatulence appears to be on the rise as a bad habit of choice to share.
We had a guy who would clip his nose hairs at his desk using the 7-inch desk scissors. A woman at work said a guy who long ago retired was clipping his toe nails and one clipping flew and landed on her desk--gross! Then there was a guy who let go with flatulence or stomach gas freely, even claime that one should say "Bless you" for those events as well as sneezes. He was a strange bird and got let go many years back.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Speaking of gross behavior at work, what about disgusting jobs? For example, the ancient pharaohs employed servants whose job it was to pick the nose of their master.
The book "Freakonomics" tells of sumo wrestlers where those lower down on the rungs of sumoship (my term, don't have the book with me), have to wash the body parts of star sumo wrestlers that the stars cannot reach--ugh!

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
The book "Freakonomics" tells of sumo wrestlers where those lower down on the rungs of sumoship (my term, don't have the book with me), have to wash the body parts of star sumo wrestlers that the stars cannot reach--ugh!

That's true, too. Professional sumo wrestlers have personal arse wipers and diaper cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back