Before/After Pics of use of Engine flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed people have taken before and after pics of use of Auto-RX. Has anyone taken before and after pics of a engine that used the 5 minute engine flushes?

I am curious to know if the oil pan, heads etc show obvious cleaning or chunks of crud lossened.

Oh, by the subject I thought you'd have pictures for us...
33.gif

Me thinks that anyone who has quickie engine flushes done is of the non-DIY type. Pics are probably few and far between.

I wish I would have taken pics. My Jeep 4.0L had the typical bronze colored varnish (86K) when you looked into the oil fill hole. I ran one treatment of Napa/Macs "Valve tune" and it was night and day difference. Now, inside the valve cover cap, everything looks new.

I ran the "valve tune" as per the instructions (add with oil change).

No problem to date and I now have almost 89K on the ticker. I bought it at Big Lots for $1.

Nice, If you want to dissasemble the motor.

I find it ironic that most of the pics seen from ARX users are from do it youselfers.

Is there no one talented enuff and brave enuff..(and bored enuff) to try a test and take pics?

(I count myself out.......not brave )

I'd be willing to do it, but the cost of valve cover gaskets isn't something I'd care to pay for. And by looking down my engine's oil fill hole, it's spotless, and has been since I started using Amsoil (never checked beforehand so I do not say Amsoil cleaned up the engine).

Now if I was given a car to test with, and it was in a sludgy/varnished condition, then I'd gladly do it if valve cover gaskets were reasonably priced.

Maybe a beater from a junk yard. Just a one shot deal. Pull cover and take pics. Put it back on and run flush thru it and then pull off and take another pic to see if any changes. Myabe pull oil pan off if not too hard to see if chunks of sludge are in there.

If it leaks a little oil at the covers no big deal as just a beater and tester anyway.

Anyone work at a junkyard and can tear cars apart easily?

Last edited:
I don't feel like searching but, yeah, there is a thread on here from January (maybe Jan a year ago?) from a guy with a Sienna maybe? He had some deposits removed but kept having to drain the oil to clear out things.

Sadly, my very first "before" arx pic was right after a flush. So I never took a before flush pic. I DID just remove my VC after trying a homemade flush but was so disappointed that nothing had change that I didn't bother to take pics.
smirk2.gif

Steelhead, [censored] is going on with that engine in that pic? That's not a CR-V, I hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back