PEAK oil a hoax, some article i found recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that there are planets composed largely of methane. I understand that chemical equilibrium laws dictate that carbon, carbonaceous rocks, water, temperature and metal oxides WILL produce hydrocarbons in measurable quantities, and if those are taken away, others will form to meet equilibrum.

None of that proves that fossil fuels aren't to the largest percentage fossil in origin. Nor does it prove that it is renewable (it HAS to be finite, as there is only so much carbonaceous rock etc.). Plus we have no idea of the production rate.

Yes methane exists in the Universe...not oft in the close presence of oxygen.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...true#Post362408

As soon as I read a article like MarkC posted and the guy says that oil discovery is the greatest tragedy, I write it off as a enviro kook. Its that mindset that keeps us from locating more oil and pushing forward. Did it ever occur that they attempt to keep the prices high to limit our use and the worst possible thing for these people would be cheap gas and oil, because then we would use more and pollute more. I wish they would shut the power off on these people. I dont believe in the peak oil, and even if it did, lets use it up. seems stupid to just walk away from any source of natural resources, just who are we saving it for? People worry more about polar bears and sea turtles than people. Trust me your children will survive on there own technology, they dont need us to look out for them. Just look how technology has grown in the last 20 years, you think they need us?

That's right, don't check any sources, just because he says something that chaps your butt, dismiss him as a kook.
I imagine he knows a bit more about oil and where to find it than you. But don't let that bother you.
The core items that he went over can be found in many other articles and papers by geologists, if you care to look.
Maybe try looking for "abiogenic origins of oil", and read and try to understand the merits of the theory as opposed to the problems with it.

To say that the internal combustion engine and the discovery of oil is a tragedy to mankind is where the kook title came from. If these people could have it thier way we all be running around covered in leaves and mud(Cant harm the precious animals for hide) and living in caves. Believe this if they were running out of oil, the oil companies would be pannicking, do they look like they are cutting back to you. Theres no oil shortage, its the shrinking dollar and the oil stock hoarders driving the price up, do you ever listen to live TV or Radio, or just read articles by medevil wannabes?

Where, exactly, did you get your degree in geology...oranything else, for that matter? Do have the slightest idea where oil is typically found? Can you--without googling...or maybe even if you do--understand how oil is found, or even state coherently how these two theories of the origins of oil work?
I doubt it.
You seem to just like to talk in sound bites.
Oil companies will certainly not "cut back" as long as they're going to sell a barrel of crude for over $100.

If "these people" had their way, we'd be seriously trying to develop alternative ways to produce energy insetad of waiting until we have no choice.

I agree with Panzerman...ironically, i was thinking of that past few days... IF the oil comapnies knew oil was no more, theyde be panicing, and they arnet...so tha made sense, and a put 2 aqnd 2 together thoguht for me.

What do I need a degree to post? Everything I post on here from my advice to opinions come from life experiences and trail and error. I am not book taught but life taught. That said,the money the goverment and industry blow on stupid alternate and green energy are simply pacifiers to keep the public hoping. Gasoline is the most economic energy you can find and coal is the most abundant and cheapest energy this country has and to just move to a less productive source, simply cause one day we will run out, and noone knows for sure if that is even true. Its like going out in your yard and living in a tent, because someday your house will fall down. My point is its stupid to leave any energy in the ground. I would bet my life, they have the technology to run automobiles without any use of fuel, but you wont see the best method until all the oil is gone. Too many fingers is the enrgy trade to ever let that information get out before its time.

Man, this thread is way outside of league of knowledge... I've been following the thread for the past few days, all along wondering about the OP's statment that "Peak oil is a hoax". I've read the linked articles several times, but failed to see any reference to Peak oil.

About 2 minutes ago, I finally realized that, when speaking of peak oil, this thread is referring to running out of crude oil. Not the brand Peak motor oil.
LOL.gif

I've been thinking to myself, Peak motor oil just came out. How can it already be considered a hoax? And what would a hoax motor oil be anyway? Plus, what the heck does Peak motor oil have to do with NASA and fossil fuel (besides the obvious)??
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
What do I need a degree to post? Everything I post on here from my advice to opinions come from life experiences and trail and error. I am not book taught but life taught. That said,the money the goverment and industry blow on stupid alternate and green energy are simply pacifiers to keep the public hoping. Gasoline is the most economic energy you can find and coal is the most abundant and cheapest energy this country has and to just move to a less productive source, simply cause one day we will run out, and noone knows for sure if that is even true. Its like going out in your yard and living in a tent, because someday your house will fall down. My point is its stupid to leave any energy in the ground. I would bet my life, they have the technology to run automobiles without any use of fuel, but you wont see the best method until all the oil is gone. Too many fingers is the enrgy trade to ever let that information get out before its time.

You don't need a degree to post, but if you're going to disagree with papers and articles written by people with years of study and experience in their field, the least you could do would be to read up a bit on the subject.

Quote:
To say that the internal combustion engine and the discovery of oil is a tragedy to mankind is where the kook title came from.

..and if beyond your lifetime they ultimately prove to be the two most contributing factors to mankind's destruction ...???

Just because you like something and can't figure alternatives ..doesn't mean that it's not "bad". I mean, you could say that same thing about crack addiction if you wanted to.

What I see you NOT doing, Panzerman, is even pondering the thought that there are some problems with no solution. So far we've been very clever and managed some great things here and there ..but there's no reason to assume that this will always be the case. Just compare oil to whales and see what can be the potential outcome here. Now we did, mostly, move on and we found alternatives to whales for out needs ..but ..at some point, one should be able to reasonably assume that you're going to run out of alternatives in the conventional sense.

That is, if you cut down all of the trees, you may have found coal/oil/etc. Suppose existence doesn't provide a ready made packaged energy source for us to tap into until it is depleted like the rest??

I get the impression that you would rather chase conspiracy theories in all directions on this topic. It's BOTH the oil companies wanting profits from withholding known reserves ..AND it's greenies wanting to have us running naked and eating tree bark and twigs from naturally occurring dead vegetation.

You've constructed a mythos that leads to someone trying to spoil your consumption party no matter what.

THEY'RE ALL OUT TO GET ME!!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: bruno
Mankinds destruction ? Who's going to do the proving ? The cockroaches ?

I'm sure the designing engineer and the captain of the Titanic were alive and somewhat "comfortable" when the realized their fate.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Its like going out in your yard and living in a tent, because someday your house will fall down.
crackmeup2.gif
on the floor..

Okay, prepare yourselves for this, we all die, eventaully, wether it be that the sun burns out, the planet freezes or you just die of old age,run over by a bus, piano falls on you etc...So why does everyone appear to look at this a forever problem when you wont be here forever. Do you think your dog is worried about global warming? Iam worried about gas prices, beyond that, Ill probably die before anything else changes, if not, well I was going to die anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back