Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There are just a couple things that don’t add up right now for this but right now it doesn’t smell like a major bottom is real close either."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it just stinks.

LOL, Groucho I agree, there is a rotten fish or 2 out there.

I was up all night trading futures. I always do that when I sense a major turn is near. It helps me clear my head and sometimes I spot a pattern.

Right now I think the March 8 cycle is working. If so we then one of 2 options.

We'll get our pattern confirmation in a few weeks or we'll get our big splash in a few weeks.

For now I'm biased to the later but I'll not suggest everyone go full bore into a bear fund in a few days either.

So,

We go up into later this week maybe even a bit into next week. Then we come back down either into later next week or later in the month/early April.

So, as far as I'm concerned rallies are still for raising cash to get repositioned.

Time for a nap, gotta' go to upper Jersey today, sheesh

Last edited:
cmhj,
Thanks again for your insights. What are your thoughts about the possibility of a drop in one of the major indices of the magnitude of the Nasdaq drop from 2000 to 2002 from 5000 to barely above 1000? Or something like the Nikkei from 35000 to about 5000. These are modern day drops and don't seem out of the realm of possibility to me. On the other hand, the P/E ratio today isn't nearly as inflated. So I go back and forth. But those huge drops keep reminding me to be cautious to stay out of equities for a while. Am I thinking irrationally about this?

Last edited:
Helicopter Ben & the Fed chimed in increasing liquidity.....

Dow futures up 275 right now.

This makes it an even worse decision - another dead cat bounce or start of a rally?!

TMA is 1.58 now.

Why didn't I buy under a $1 yesterday............

spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I'm sticking with cmhj..

Ditto. I don't have anything better right now! Doesn't mean I'm ignoring all other input. It's interesting, how his variables not aligning seemed to point at more volatility - just when I thought his tea leaves were saying differently. This pop was predicted. Amazing.

Yeay on TMA.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/monetary/20080311a.htm

I've never seen the credit market get lockjaw so bad....trying to make up for past sins. So predictable they would do something before the next meeting (18th?). Still lets see what rates do.

Sounds like we may get more rallies later this week for you to take profits....assuming I am interpreting cmhj correctly.

I'm not making any changes and will let run what is already in the market.

When we retest or capitulate, I'll power lots more in.

Oh looky looky here, gentle Ben comes to the rescue. Just noise IMO. But my futures trades are looking good. In fact I just cashed out my futures contracts as I can see where we might get another zig down tomorrow, which I’ll probably just buy.

For now I have to go with the pattern, which says overall upside for a bit longer then either pattern confirmation or the big splash follows.

Here are some possible targets. I still think rallies are an opportunity to reposition.

The first area is right here where I took my future contracts off or about 1301.

Then would be last Friday’s doji hi, which is 1313. We should in the big picture have no problem getting this.

If they push this pig thru 1319 then next and more likely or maybe I should say what I’d like to see is 1330-1335 or in that general neighborhood.

We have what I refer to as a pause zone, which is wider than the Grand Canyon. The levels are 1300-1390. Anything in between is fair game should we stay in an overall up swing for a week or 2.

Either way the original pattern was for a low around March 8, then up into the Fed, maybe later next week.

One thing I know is I’ll not hang around for more than a couple days with my EOD holds. Then if given a better shot & if my schedule allows me to I’ll go back to bear mode for a while.

While not totally favored, don’t be surprised if we go back to Fridays high or just a bit higher and we stall. Then we flop around maybe consolidate a bit for a couple days, get a Fed spike on Tues. afternoon & by Wed. we’re rolling over going either for the big splash or pattern confirmation.

If we go for the big splash we might head to 1150-ish with 1235-ish being the high side.

Pattern confirmation should be a higher low than 1272 in early April. We break 1272 and we should head for one of the other 2 targets.

Should be interesting either way and the good thing is we should have all the answers in 4-5 weeks. Then we can wrap it up and go on vacation, which I plan to do in May.

Last edited:
Hey VeeDubb, I see your question. I'll try to get to it tonight.

Just another reminder. PM me with questions. I'm not going to be reading many posts here. I just got lucky and caught this one.

BTW for the compliments guys.

VeeDubb has an excellent question.

I’ll say this first. I did a lot of message board work in the late 90s thru about mid 2001. Most of the questions I got were just plain stupid. This one is far that.

Let me answer this with some history, this will help put things in perspective.

I’ve been doing this for almost 35 years. When I remind people about the gay ole’ 70s most don’t have a clue of or remember what I’m talking about. If not for the guidance from my grandfather, who was a floor trader in Chicago for 25 years I would have been shorting more than playing long thru half of the 80s due to past experiences.

Let’s fast forward to the 2000-2002 sell off. In late Feb. of 2000 I was telling anyone that would listen to get out!!!! Some did but most didn’t because the market was going up. 6 months later I would get asked about the market, I would sorta’ shrug and say all’s going to plan. Labor Day weekend might mark another top and it did.

Go forward 2 more years and I was then starting to turn around on my bearish theme. Everyone that was beheaded the past 2 years wanted out at any cost. When I asked why they said because the market’s going down. I remember saying to a friend something like fine sell me your shares & I got some crazy looks.

Then last fall those same people were buying hand over fist. I said why and well I think you know the answer.

Human psychology is power full. This is partially why I’ve spent thousand of dollars & thousands of hours in building a system, which BTW dear ole’ gramps started so it matters very little to me what’s going on in the real world. Cycles dominate dominate dominate dominate dominate. News is usually S/T noise.

Everyone is blaming the sub prime mess on the current correction. I can counter that with almost every correction and rally going back to the 1790s. For every event, the market has always reacted, when looking at the big picture, to within 6 months before it happened. Insider info? Maybe but it usually has a pattern.

Sure things like 911 and assassinations can’t be projected. Yet wars can be projected. Our market cycles were negative going into Sep. 21, 2001. Lucky? Maybe.

In the case of these sub prime issues, this was first made public a year ago and the market continued up. Why then if sub prime is so bad? Too much at once? I still say cycles dominate.

Mid 04 I showed a few friends where the market could top in early or mid 07. I should have that someplace if the wife didn’t toss it.

Anyway, even though I said news to me is just S/T noise it has yet in all these years failed to amaze me when I position myself at or near an expected pivot point that some news event will come out in a day or 2 to make the trade very effective. Today is a good example. My wife thinks I’m possessed & she’s probably right.

If not for cycles Pappion would never have had a good story to tell. Am I spinning a web here? Well, my wife says I can sell an icebox to an Eskimo. Yet all of my calls since I appeared here in early Jan. have generally played out, so far anyway.

So, if the human psychology history story didn’t answer your question the following will.

I’m aware of the indicators you mention and of your concern. Heck you’re not human if you don’t have any concern for yourself and family. I use the indicators mentioned to some degree but my system contains over 50, some of which are very unconventional. Cycle projections are another system. When the 2 agree it’s a full boat trade.

IMVHO You want to be in equities when looking at the big picture. We just have to finish this correction we’re in, which should be done by early April or hopefully confirmed around then.

The big bear will hit again but I firmly believe this isn’t it. The 70s theme will also return in most of our life times. The 2 events will happen in combination with your concern first if the major patterns continue as they have.

Once again a very good question.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I was hoping for more of a bump today so I could take some profit, but it doesn't look good enough. My mistake was buying in too soon. I do that a lot...
spankme2.gif

Criminy, you won't make it all back in one day. Best day since 2002. I only had a lonely 50 shares of one short fund that I didn't sell yesterday, so I was decently long today. My 2X long funds obviously did GREAT!!!

Thank cmhj you the man...!
thumbsup2.gif

I said take profits, not sell out. There is no point in selling 1k shares for a .30 gain. Like I said, I got in too soon. Be nice if tomorrow is up like today..
whistle.gif

The following was just sent to all members and partners. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Right now the technicals are sitting on the fence with the March 8 cycle being our big low. The foot print left in my system says this AM was it.

For any new comers and a reminder to the old timers as we’ve not used my bottom signal model since mid 06, my bottom signal system has 30 issues. It’s typical for 22-25 of them to line up when a major low is seen. This AM we had 20 line up. At yesterdays close we had 18 thus we’re sitting on the fence.

Typically anything under 18 says we’ll get one final shot at the lows. So I’m looking at this with some optimism but aware of the possibilities.

Right now I’m biased to the pattern theory since IMO we didn’t get a bottom signal and that March 8 or March 10 if you want to be exact was the low for 2008. But I’ll let the market tell me if I’m wrong or not. Either way I still say in 4-5 weeks we’ll know.

Finally, if we get a pattern buy the next entry points will likely be much harder to hit than our last buy was. We’ll probably just have to hold our nose and jump in with cash reserves with the big picture in mind.

So, I know most bought last Fri. and I know those in the room bought some on Mon too. IMO any entries made over the past 2 days should be safe with the big picture in mind even if we do break yesterday’s lows.

Currently if the pattern stays in play we’ll put in a S/T top within a couple days, maybe, and this is a big maybe, sometime next week.

1335-ish might cause some issues for the near term.

The next update won’t be sent before March 30 unless the need is seen.

The Lone Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back