ARx after Red Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to do an ARx cleaning on my 07 F150 (30k on a 5.4l)a few months back, and nothing happened. The oil didnt get dark, no gunk in the filter, nothing. Then I did a little research and realized that I ran Red Line in it for 5k before I used ARx, and it got very dark and even used a quart. I didnt know it was great at cleaning engines too. So, just some advice for first time users-dont try it after running Red Line.

Last edited:
A little bit of advice, with such little mileage on that engine I would have done the Maintenance Dose,with the mileage on the engine I do not think that it needed a cleaning, I did a Maintenance Dose on my 04 Mercury at 18K and when I changed the oil it was noticeably darker and the filter was heavier, I saved the oil filter so I will have to cut it open. Did you just do a cleaning or did you do a clean and rinse because not much happens during the clean phase, it is the rinse phase where you will see a difference.

Its in the rinse phase now. Has roughly 500 miles on it and I still cant see the oil on the stick.

Well, 2 things, give it more time or maybe you have a very clean engine, when I did Auto-Rx on my small block chevy the oil never got dark but the filters eventually filled up with a lot of crud,give it some time and on the weekends take the car out on some long highway runs.

Im sure it already was clean, I run good oils in it, use quality filters, and have made several 1000 plus mile trips. So at least half the miles on it are hiway miles. Im just lookin to run it 300k or better.

I have 355K on my small block chevy, highway miles are always a little easier on the engine, 1 thing I did on my chevy was change out the PCV every year, fuel filter every year, and have always run synthetic oil, with fuel injection it is imperative that you change the fuel filter according to what your owners manual says, on my Merc it calls for it to be done at 25K, my PCV needs to be changed at 100K, but since I can get the motorcraft ones online for $7.00 I think that I will be changing it out at 30K, I just do not trust a PCV lasting that many miles.

Yeah I have to get the fuel filter changed soon. I planned on doin that when I get the transmission serviced.

On the trans are you just going to drop the pan or get a flush done, if you are going to get someone meaning a shop change your fuel filter remember that a code will come up and it will have to be erased, this happened when my fuel filter was changed.

Im going to have the pan dropped and a new filter put in. I have the exteneded warranty with it so Im going to have my dealer do it, that way if there are any issues I have a receipt.

Redline doesn't clean engines.
21.gif
No one has ever been able to post good documentary proof of it on here. I ran it in mine and arx still cleaned off a ton of stuff it left behind. I know Bio-T had the same experience with his Protege, IIRC.

Well, what else do you think could explain it then? Ive read on here several times that Red Line keeps engines very clean, so maybe it did. All I know is that so far it doesnt look like anything happened with the cleaning, I will definitely post if that changes.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
Jason8691,
What are you running for a rinse oil?

Chevron 5W30

Yes, Redline KEEPS engines clean. That is not the same statement as "Redline cleans engines." Using Redline from day one is very different than running one OCI with it. Redline, used in the proper OCI, will leave less deposits and therefore keep your engine cleaner. It certainly doesn't clean to the extint auto-rx does. A more likely answer for your problem might be something related to it's polarity vs. auto rx's or something to that effect.

True, it just seemed like they were related. OR maybe my engine just stayed that clean, who knows.

Redline's aggressive (O-gressif - crock hunter RIP) add pack will disrupt existing formations of established films. It's not to the magnitude of what Auto-Rx does.

I know I'm a heretic, but why the heck would you need Arx at 30K, plus running synthetic oil? I won't say it's a waste of money, but your engine must be pretty clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back