what is the mileage for regular purolator filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently running it for 4k but like to keep it in for the entire 7500 miles or a year that i do for my vehicles. i hate having to make a mess changing filter mid oci. mobil and k&n filters are too expensive though.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
I see no reason why you couldnt run it for 7500 miles..

+1

i am talking about the regular Purolator, not the expensive one. I think the name is Purolator Premium Plus, not the expensive PureOne.

well, i am glad now as I hate crawling under to change it mid oci. I am cutting back on driving thanks to gas price. no more driving around for no reason as that equate to 50 bucks a week i can spend on something else, like saving it to have gauges install on my corolla to read battery, oil, and coolant condition or buy a set of tires.

Last edited:
Media life is probably the same for any filter. The level of filtration can and will vary ..but the life span of mosts filters (other than fatigue factors in the nitrile parts) is probably 15k/1year for long runners..6 months for short trip types.

Hard to say how long the nitrile ADBV will function properly. When in doubt, buy a silicone ADBV Pure One, Wix, Napa Gold or Bosch Premium for around $5.99 regular price.

Honda trusts their nitrile filter 10k miles now so I dont see it being a problem.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Honda trusts their nitrile filter 10k miles now so I dont see it being a problem.

Honda uses silicone.

Oh? The last Honda oem filter I saw had a black nitrile valve.

On the left, Honda A01, on the right, HAMP:
p9020132yf7.jpg

Originally Posted By: M1Accord
i am talking about the regular Purolator, not the expensive one. I think the name is Purolator Premium Plus, not the expensive PureOne.

I see no reason why you couldn't run it for 7500 miles.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

On the left, Honda A01, on the right, HAMP:

Ah. Looks like a little of both going on then.

The Purolator (regular) meets OEM specs so it should run to 7,500 miles easly. The next up is the PureOne which should easly go to 10,000 based on UOAs on this forum.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
Originally Posted By: M1Accord

I see no reason why you couldn't run it for 7500 miles.

I say that there's no reason that it can't go 15k if his service allows 15k a year. The nitrile parts may or may not endure the service in 100% functionality ..but that won't necessarily mean that it's not suitable for use to the 15k mark.

The longevity factors of most filter's lives is dictated more by the service the vehicle sees than it does the filters level of "quality".

Now it makes sense to use a higher quality filter in longer drain usage to get the extended benefits of (typically) higher filtration levels while you're at it ..but there's no mandate to do so.

So (as a generic notion ..surely with some exceptions for your particular situation)

8k a year ..change the oil and filter every 6 months ..and go as cheap as you please.

13k a year ..change the oil every 6 months and the filter at one year and go as expensive as you please.

If you used the same filter in both applications, the filters are probably in the same condition at the time you change them.

20k or two years in the four-cylinders under normal service on the 2006 and prior models.

Do they really? Wow makes me wonder about sticking my arm back there and burning my hand every 6 months.

Do they really? Wow makes me wonder about sticking my arm back there and burning my hand every 6 months.

One year/10k under severe service, two years/20k under normal service. What year/model Honda do you have?

The OE Honda filter does have a silicone ADBV, so I'd suggest that you use something that contains one if you are going to go that far. The Fram filter is also quite similar to the Toughguard.

Oh I dont have a Honda, I have a few Mazdas that use the same size/type filter though. Are you saying that the filter that comes on the car has a silicone valve or that the filter you get at the parts counter has a silicone valve? The picture up above shows a HAMP filter with what looks like nitrile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back