20 worst foods in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we spend so much time worrying about the terrorists. We are going to knock ourselves out. We don't need any help from abroad!

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Have you ever eaten anything else from those places?

I have eaten pizza at Uno's, some horrible chicken sandwich at Carl Junior and a bland sandwich at Quizzno's. I haven't been to a McDonald's in a decade, but I eat something at a BK when on the road maybe three times a year.

I've never eaten anything from this list either. Just had some prime rib at a new place in town though and it wasn't bad at all.

Some of those sodium numbers shown on that list are downright terrifying.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Have you ever eaten anything else from those places?

There are actually OK choices at Chili's, for example a rack of ribs with fresh broccoli and beans as sides. But good G0D, it doesn't take a Roto-Rooter surgeon to figure all that khrap is gonna kill you. There are other calorie fat bombs out there, I wonder why they didn't make the list? (lack or research!!
LOL.gif
)

Pablo, I'm sure the list could have been enlarged 100-fold as there's so much khrap out there.

I treated the kids to Hardees last weekend for the first time in many months. Yeah, I had a double thickburger w/bacon (it was GOOD!!) but I didn't realize how ungood the ham sandwich is either. My daughter likes ham sandwiches and will gladly substitute for something other than a burger, a good thing all in all.

a LOT. I only have it a couple/few times per year. But don't expect to eat anything else that day though.

My wife & I were talking about how we like the Hardees breakfast biscuits this morning. She mentioned about how salty they are, and I agreed. Looking at the nutritional info from Hardee's web site last night will keep us away for a loooong time. Even more salt than McDonalds products! But that's the attraction to Hardees, tastes better than the other fast food chains.

As the once-every-month-or-two treat, fast food isn't a big deal. It's just that too many people have it 2, 3, 4 times per week.

Hardees new slogan should be "Give us a week and we'll double your weight!"

krispy kreme

white flour bathed in 300 degree highly oxidized soybean oil, just waiting to plate out in your cerebral arteries.

How many people know that mineral oil is used to lube the blades on commercial bread slicing machines? Next time you buy rye bread, lay a slice on a sheet of paper for half an hour, then hold the paper up to the light.

paper becomes soaked in oil, in the shape of a slice of bread. Rye is very sticky and hard to slice when it just comes out of the oven. They could use vegetable oil as a lube, but that costs 0.05 cents more per slice, and they couldn't call it "fat free".

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Still amazes me what Americans will put in their mouths.

Surely these gut bombs are American, but aussies or other folks don't eat anything near deadly? Does every Aussie eat healthy?

I find it odd, because I'm an American as are most of the other responders here, and none too many have said they have even eaten one of these killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back