Toyota Pink Coolant - Change Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: byez
What is a good change interval for this fluid? Can it really last 100k or is 30k more appropriate?

The OEM pink coolant is good for 100K miles, but 30K would be quite aggressive, I would think midway would be fine. 60K seems like a figure midway.

60-100k would be fine.. personally if you live in extreme climates (cold or hot) i would lean towards the 60-80k mile and 40k after that for the life of the car

Initial drain is 100k. Then every 50k thereafter. I plan on doing mind every 50k regardless. Do a radiator drain and refill every 30k if it makes you happy. It shouldn't take too much (or cost too much) to do it that way.

I am going to do a drain/refill every year or two max. i figure $20 something in fluid every two years is worth it to always have fresh fluid/fresh additives in there

I am going to do a drain/refill every year or two max. i figure $20 something in fluid every two years is worth it to always have fresh fluid/fresh additives in there

You must mean the radiator only. Unless you only have a 1 gallon capacity system, that is all that $20 will buy. Should be fine though every 2 years.

yes, sorry. I will be draining/refilling the radiator once a year or two. As undummy has said, the radiator is almost half of the total capacity (give or take a little, not too concerned about it really) so that is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back