Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo

TMA = too high, already sold
09.gif

Not supprised, If I knew that Cramer was going to talk it up last night, I'd have waited till today to sell.

OTOH: If he hadn't done so, we would have gotten the best price yesterday. I don't know how you made out, but I got an average price of 10.46. on 3K shares. Realized a nice profit, + I have some big scores from trading it the last few months.
thumbsup2.gif

Put a watch on it, if it goes below 9 bux, go back in.

happy2.gif

Healthy relapse. I hope. It's about even now. I can take that for awhile!

edit - missed your first post - Cramer was spouting TMA?? Dang. I guess I'm too impatient. Again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Cramer was spouting TMA?? Dang. I guess I'm too impatient. Again.

You getting old, man!
grin2.gif

I've taken todays market as an Oman, bought some CAT(s).
LOL.gif

Still buying FTO. Gonna be x-div soon.
05.gif

Last edited:
I decided to increase the automatic payments to my Roth earlier this month. I'll leave the individual-stock excitement to you folks.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Quote:
Still buying FTO. Gonna be x-div soon.

Poo, should be FRO...

Yeah hey I started studying FTO. Same industry! But I'm thinking I better dive deeper....tiny yield!

So what's the gig with FRO? HUGE yield.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
anyone looking at SFY?

NG driller/marketer? Would take a lot of study before I bought it. Looks like it moves enough it could be traded if you know what you are doing. No div though.

Don't think I'm smart enough to trade commodities. I understand banking best, with tech next, and know something about transportation.

theyve sold off some of the NG. Its an oil play mainly. No div is right, though there has apparently been some talk of starting to pay one out.

I can't see oil being a bad thing to own going forward. These folks are mainly a domestic (they seem to be selling their NZ properties), which of course creates a hurricane risk, I suppose, but should also remain more stable in terms of world politics.

Youre right, it will take a lot more study... I just crossed it a few days ago.

Will post any interesting info I find.

JMH

Asian markets down. Dow/S&P/Nasdaq futures also down. It's gonna be another roller coaster week. Almost bought some funds on Thursday, but I changed gears completely by Friday morning and bought a Nasdaq ultra-short instead.

I think part of the reason why the bottom is so hard to predict is that we have so many apologists on cnbc telling us to buy-buy-buy. Same with the Wall Street journal. I've been reading the Financial Times lately and I'm realizing that the Brits are much less likely to sugar coat it. The WSJ is just a lapdog for the big brokers.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
I think part of the reason why the bottom is so hard to predict is that we have so many apologists on cnbc telling us to buy-buy-buy. Same with the Wall Street journal. I've been reading the Financial Times lately and I'm realizing that the Brits are much less likely to sugar coat it. The WSJ is just a lapdog for the big brokers.

Pretty much why I only read IBD (and PF). My free sub to FT ran out, as did the WSJ. I never really considered WSJ an investment newspaper, but I did like their reviews and stuff.
grin2.gif

Shanghai was off 7% today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back