My new ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
My new ride... a 2007 Cannondale CAAD9 Optimo2.

Ultegra throughout (couldnt justify the price difference compared to the optimo1 for some dura-ace and a mavic wheelset... I can upgrade those later).

Got it on closeout at my local dealer. They had one that fit me (58, cannondale tends to be a bit oversized apparently).

My old trek 1200, while great, was a tad bit too small (bought it on closeout, REALLY cheap, and it works fine for up to 40 miles, but its just too small and doesnt line up well.. Its now permanently attached to the trainer in the basement).

I got on this baby, and it just fit right. I was looking at some carbon frame bikes like the Specialized Roubaix, but this Al-framed bike was about the same weight, about $500 cheaper (the Roubaix was on similar discount, so it was a great deal too)... the bike shop set both up for me correctly (I sat on the trainer, pedaled, they measured my angles and made adjustments, etc.) before my test rides, but the cannondale just felt more natural when I took it out for a test.

The fact that it is made in USA (while many bikes that traditionally were are not any more) helped too.

Brushed aluminum with some grey and black... will be riding this afternoon in the cold... I got new road pedals (look keo classic) and shoes, as all of my stuff that I have on my MTB and old road bike is SPD, and I didnt really like using SPD on my road bike... so it was time to upgrade.

7RA92D_blk.jpg

Last edited:
Show us a pic of the entire setup or is this why it was so inexpensive compared to full retail, i.e., no wheels, gears, seat, etc? : - )

dont have a pic yet.... could only find a pic of the frame on the Cannondale site. The full setup bike is a different coloration...

Here it is anyway:
7RA92D_wht.jpg

Last edited:
I added specialized bar phat to the handlebars already... after testing a specialized with that stuff on it, I have to say that I really like the feel...

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back