Noise from diff with Amsoil SVG 75W90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed the factory diff fluid in my '01 Chevy Camaro LS1 to Amsoil SVG 75W90 and it seems to make a lot more noise than it used to, especially in turns. It is difficult to describe but is sounds like a screeching sound. I did not add any LS additive because it is a Zexel Torsen that uses gears instead of the traditional clutch and cone type. Mileage is 5000 and everything looked normal when I had the cover off. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sean

Whoops, somehow clicked on wrong forum topic, I appologize, could a mod please delete previous post, I can't seem to figure out how.

Are you absolutely sure that it still has a T2 Torsen in there?? The Severe Gear should be just fine with that diff, but who knows??
Eaton tells everyone to use mineral based gear oils even in their True Trac which is the same worm gear type of diff as the T2.
Maybe dump it and put some Torco RGO, or Schaeffers 209 mineral based stuff in there?

Put in the Amsoil Slip-Lock™ Differential Additive (ADA). It is worth a shot, and it is not going to hurt anything.

That is the only stuff that got rid of the chatter in my Moser 12 Bolt. I tried the GM additive, and others, but none worked. Only the Slip-Lock(2 Bottles) with Amsoil 75W-90 did the trick

That's a friction modifier, which sacrifices a little bit of slipperiness to help clutch packs work better. Since there are no clutch packs in a Torsen diff, there's no reason to use the friction modifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back