Kendall=Motorcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys.

A friend told me about a locally owned hardware store that is selling kendall oil for 99 cents a quart with a 25 cent rebate on each bottle.

Not a bad deal. I wouldn't have bought any, but i'm looking to put my truck on a diet of motorcraft 5w30 semi synthetic. Then it hit me that kendall is owned by conoco philips who also makes motorcraft oil.

Is the kendall 5w30 "dino" going to be semi synthetic? I haven't gotten in the store to check it out yet, but will semi synthetic only apply to their gf-4 oils?

For less than a buck a bottle I'll pickup a couple cases if its the same forumulation.

If semisyn is what you want, get the GF-4 Motorcraft. I had some GF-3 that even said semisyn on the label but I still returned it with the reciept from some GF-4 bottles. $.75c is sweet though, but I won't do a petty rebate. Did you get the Maxlife freebies yet? Probally a better oil than the old Kendall. UOAs are normal on the Kendall.

If i heard right, just about all the new GF-4 oils are going to be semi synthetic. Some oil companies dont want this to be known, to rip you off on their semi synthetic blend's while their regular oil is also a semi synthetic blend, but kendall is being honest about it.

I'm not sure about the GF-4 Kendall but the GF-3 Oil appeared to be a different oil than the Conoco/Motorcraft. My understanding is it had some Group I in it.

Gene

I emailed kendall when they quit dying their GT1 high performance oils (about 2 years ago?) and got a email back stating their new oils are clear to let the quality shine through, and their new oils are group II for improved oxidation resistance etc. They were probably more willing to tell about the new oils because of the discontinuance of the green dye.

*edit* nevermind

a side note, after looking at kendalls data sheets, their oils have some very impressive hths figures!

[ October 24, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: sxg6 ]

quote:

Originally posted by drive it forever:
I emailed kendall when they quit dying their GT1 high performance oils (about 2 years ago?) and got a email back stating their new oils are clear to let the quality shine through, and their new oils are group II for improved oxidation resistance etc. They were probably more willing to tell about the new oils because of the discontinuance of the green dye.

That would be around the same time that Kendall was bought and the Kendall refinery was shut down.

This refinery is up and running again, producing it own brand name and contracting to make oil for Gulf & others. They still make racing oils under the name of "BRAD PENN Penn Grade 1". The 10w-30 & 20w-50 are a synth blend, and best of all, they are GREEN.

product sheet

Just an update, I went to the store and missed the sale by one day, and I took a look at the kendall motor oil, they wanted 1.39 a quart for it, and it wasn't even gf-4.

Out the door I went, and the next change will be with motorcraft 5w30.

JH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back