Musicians, let's see your instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my old 6 pc dark-red Remo kit that I bought at Midwest Percussion back in '94. The 8" new Mapex was in these pics, too...

smallkit.jpg

smallkit1.jpg

So finally I picked up the entire new Mapex kit. I'll be selling the Remo kit in a short while, but it's fun to put them both together (as much as non-compatible mounts allow) and play much like my old 1980's/early 90's huge double bass kit. I'll place the 12" Remo (not shown in the photo below - nor is the 10" Mapex) on the rack to have 3 toms up front.

After warming up, I nailed Tom Sawyer save for a single note.
cool.gif

bigkit.jpg

These Mapex toms really have a throaty punch that the Remo's never had. I like 'em!

Here is a picture of me from 1986, playing my Japanese made Fender Squier Stratocaster (I'm the one on the left in the Iron Maiden t-shirt)

n513357227_55260_6808.jpg

I've still got this guitar, in fact I just started playing it again after more than ten years away from it! I'm having an absolute blast relearning all my old favorite Metallica tunes! It's amazing how quickly it all comes back to you once you figure out the first note.

I've also got a Peavey Backstage Plus 35 watt amp and I've got my trusty Boss "Heavy Metal" distortion pedal.

Eventually I'd like to get another guitar though, this one doesn't really have the right sound for playing heavy metal, it sounds too tinny. Plus it's a heavy tank too, I'd love to get something a lot lighter.

I don't know how to post pics here, but i wanted to add my collection!
Gotta 1984 yellow Gibson V, 1985 sunburts Gibson explorer, 2 peavey dual humbuckers, a 1994 Jackkson dave mustaine signature series of megadeth KING v, a jackson rhodes, a platinum bc rich rich bich(hot pink) a marshall valvestate 100 watt combo, and a marshall jcm 900 sl x 100 watt head, the cab, and a peavey 5150 4 x 12 cab. and just about every BOSS pedal made, as an assorment of effects;)
used to play alot of metal, speed metal.

Here's my gear. I don't play in any bands, but I guess I'm ready if it ever happens.
LOL.gif

Rickenbacker 330:
rickcrop500-87.jpg

Mexican Telecaster. I've since replaced the bridge with a left-hand model, which angles the pickup the other way. I HIGHLY recommend the mod:
teleoncouch500.jpg

My dad and I built a ~10 watt tube amp. Sounds great, especially after I tweaked it with a bright switch and adjustible negative feedback.
cool.gif

teleandamp.jpg

- Scott

Originally Posted By: MarkC
So can you comp us some strings, maybe as "samples"?
good idea ,,,Ernie Ball fat bottoms, my son is hard core guitar, 6 guitars and a bass .He uses the mentioned strings.I will try to show off my sons collection.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
That's a side of Patman I didn't know about!
cool.gif

I didn't know you played with Jon Heder.
banana2.gif

LOL! He does look like Jon Heder in that picture! Not anymore though, he's about 100 pounds heavier now!
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Originally Posted By: Steve S
cheers3.gif

I don't work for EB/MM anymore.

you ought to see the machines that make those strings, they are pretty cool!
my son orders them on line and they are a bargain when ordered that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back