Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that it's rainy season, and I haven't replaced my wiper blades in over five years, what should I buy? I'm also picking up a car for a friend this weekend, and I'm going to see if I can get them to replace the blades on that car as well(as well as the cabin air filter and engine air filter), so I need your opinions.

Does anyone have experience with any of the following blades: BOSCH ICON, ANCO Contour Premium, Bosch MicroEdge, Trico Exact Fit.

Which one lasts the longest? Remember, there's no snow in my area. Price really isn't a concern, but I must be able to purchase the blade locally.

Thanks.

Yeah, for the Saturn and for a 06 Corolla. Maybe a 01 Civic as well.

As for the Saturn, it currently has Tricos on it I think, but the frames are pretty much destroyed. The OEM blades assembly is pretty expensive I think.

Critic, are the frames actually damaged or just ugly?

If they are just ugly a light sanding and a few shots of rattle can flat or satin black will make them look almost new.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Critic, are the frames actually damaged or just ugly?

If they are just ugly a light sanding and a few shots of rattle can flat or satin black will make them look almost new.

They are damaged to the point that they have scratched the entire windshield.

Even if I did a thorough cleaning of the windshield, you can see the lines from far away (even 20 feet away) where the blades contact the window.

I changed my wipers on my car recently. I got the Duralast at Autozone, it was buy one get one free. The rubber is sort of hard and had some skipping. My previous set was the Bosch Excel, it was good when new but last just about the same as any other wiper. Not really worth the price (unless on sale) in my opinion. I helped a friend of mine put Napa wiper blades on and those work good. If you want you can just get the wiper refills. If price is not the major concern I would get Bosch Icon, I'm thinking about getting those next time. Its finally raining a bit more now, has been relatively dry this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Honda, I recommend OEM. IF you still have the OEM frames. If the frames are aftermarket, the OEM refills may not fit.

I use OEM refills on the Legend and they seem to last forever. I think I get close to three or four years out of a pair. And this is with them baking in the hot sun during 90-100 degree summers.

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
For the Honda, I recommend OEM. IF you still have the OEM frames. If the frames are aftermarket, the OEM refills may not fit.

Yeah, the wipers have been replaced many times already with aftermarket ones, so that's OEMs are a no-go.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Hmm, Bosch ICONs are buy one get one free right now.

Where? The VW I recently bought has ICONS and they are getting a little tired.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Hmm, Bosch ICONs are buy one get one free right now.

Where? The VW I recently bought has ICONS and they are getting a little tired.

AutoZone, mail-in rebate offer until 2/06.

I have tried all sorts of premium blades. I value good vision, without smearing and streaking. Not much luck, at any price.
I have settled on the very reasonable ANCO winter blades. The rubber is standard, but wipes clean - it must be soft. The rubber protection around the articulating links is a plus in winter.
$6 each.

Critic, thank I found some in the 2nd AZ I went to.

No problem.

I have tried a bunch of different blades from Bosch Icons to Trico Innovisions but the best by far have been the PIAA super silicones. The rain beads on the windshield and absolutely no smearing for atleast 2 years that i have owned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back