07.5 Chevy DMax Castrol Tection 15W-40 2,461 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo! I was a little alarmed with my last oil analysis results because the fuel was at 5%.

I went ahead and changed the oil and refilled. I installed the Cat fuel filter and had to prime the system with the last UOA that had the 5% fuel, so I wonder if that had anything to do with the fuel in the oil?

Anyway, I took a sample at 2500 to see if I had fuel in my oil and I didn't! Man, I'm glad.

scan-3.jpg

Looks like you're good to go!

That Tection is a nice looking oil! Is that labeled CJ-4 or CI-4+? How far do you plan on running it? Thanks for posting!

REDDOG

It's the CJ4. I'm not planning on running the Tection for very long. I'm planning to switch over to Schaeffer's 9000 5W-40 CJ4 in short order.

10-4. I'll be looking forward to seeing your reports on the 9000, I think it's an impressive oil, especially for the money.

I just bought 7 cases of the 7000 5W-30 for the wife's new ride. Should last me awhile!

As long as the oil is capped I figured that the shelf life should be pretty much indefinite. Maybe I'm wrong. My wife tells me even when I think I'm right, I'm not
grin2.gif

Isn't all oil now 6 bottles per case? I recall it was 12 cans per case when oil was in cardboard and metal cans. Won't take more than three years or so to go through 7 cases for one vehicle, imo.

my aluminum went from 4ppm to 7ppm and I had a piston scuffing the cylinder walls.
my fuel was at 7%
I waited till I eliminated all possible sources of contamination
and decided if I pull the engine I will find the source.
I sure did find the source.

Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel
As long as the oil is capped I figured that the shelf life should be pretty much indefinite. Maybe I'm wrong. My wife will tells me even when I think I'm right, I'm not
grin2.gif

I did not know our wives were related.

Originally Posted By: lazaro
my aluminum went from 4ppm to 7ppm and I had a piston scuffing the cylinder walls.
my fuel was at 7%
What was the problem?

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: lazaro
my fuel was at 7%
What was the problem?

pass rear cylinder was scored. piston had stuck oil ring from aluminum swapping and a nice groove in the cylinder.
engine ran fine made power still made 17mpg just had lower oil pressure.
I yanked it before it got any worse

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel
As long as the oil is capped I figured that the shelf life should be pretty much indefinite. Maybe I'm wrong. My wife will tells me even when I think I'm right, I'm not
grin2.gif

I did not know our wives were related.
I think that they are all related, my friend.........

Interested in seeing more. This engine is still VERY young.

Your copper is high for as many miles as you have but that is probably the fresh oil cooler.

Silicon is high as well but that is probably from the motor being so new.

Hi,
Arkipigdiesel - A good report using an excellent lubricant

I field tested the original forerunner to this lubricant in an intensive programme that lasted for some four years and 10m kms in this country from around 1992. It was tested using 14 trucks with both Detroit Series 60 and Cummins engines. and It was a CG-4/SH product when finally introduced about 1996

It is a "sleeper" lubricant like Delvac 1300 15w-40!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back