increasing power of snowblower

Status
Not open for further replies.
njcruiser:

Over-revving small engines is generally a death sentence. You had better be certain that you aren't exceeding 3600rpm.

I would find it very strange if BOTH of the examples in your family mysteriously had the governed speed backed way off, unless you made that adjustment yourselves ???

I dont know what it is running at, but I dont think higher than 3000, but who knows. I didnt set the screw or adjust anything until last weekend. Only did it on mine, the worse of the two. I now look forward to throwing some snow.
I will play with the throttle control though. Maybe I could run it a bit lower with the same good results. Once I get to a point of shorter ditance I will stop.
thanks

As I said, I'd be very surprised if both of your fairly new blowers were that far out of spec.

Members of other forums could fill your inbox with pictures of small engines with holes in the side of the block because the owners cranked up the governor so it would "work better"

Use caution and know what you're doing...

I'm going to take a look at our (the plants) newer 8hp Toro blower. My 10 y/o 5hp Craftsman throws snow twice as far as the 2 y/o 8hp Toro. Good call on the impeller clearances.

Man, if you're running the RPM's higher that it is meant to, run the best oil possible, change it often and maybe run a lube additive in the gas!

Good luck...
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back