Mobil Delvac 1 2004 VW TDI 14,955 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug,

Is Delvac imported from the U.S. or does Mobil have refining/production capability in Asia just as they do in Europe? I would think that imported Delvac would be cost-prohibitive in OZ.
Just curious.

Thanks

Mark

Hi,
Mark - Delvac 1 5w-40 has always been imported into Australia so we have the latest formulation shortly after you do there

Delvac sells here for around $A11-$A13 per litre

ExxonMobil blend here and for a number of the "Major" Oil Companies as well

ExxonMobil have extensive exploration,production and refining facilities here. They have had them for many decades. They are slowly retiring from "retailing" - they are using Distributors
instead

Regards
Doug

Wow, that's less expensive than I would have imagined. Very interesting that they have such a large presence there. Thanks for the information!

I just remembered a "Dirty Jobs" episode where a guy was making Bio-Diesel and during processing he used what I think was Sodium Hydroxide. I think there were later steps which may remove most of this compound but I expect some would still remain in the final fuel. Any chance your Bio-Diesel had some sodium in it and that's why it seems elevated in your UOA? Your UOA does show some potassium as well so maybe it is coolant. If the last several of your UOAs were posted together in columns it would help us see trends. I'm not asking you to do anything you don't want to do but as it is I feel a little blind without it! :)

Originally Posted By: JAG
I just remembered a "Dirty Jobs" episode where a guy was making Bio-Diesel and during processing he used what I think was Sodium Hydroxide. I think there were later steps which may remove most of this compound but I expect some would still remain in the final fuel. Any chance your Bio-Diesel had some sodium in it and that's why it seems elevated in your UOA? Your UOA does show some potassium as well so maybe it is coolant. If the last several of your UOAs were posted together in columns it would help us see trends. I'm not asking you to do anything you don't want to do but as it is I feel a little blind without it! :)

The Bio-Diesel was from a very reputable source where all of the locals buy theirs. I'm not aware of any problems or complaints and know of at least one person who has done a UOA who also buys fuels there. I've tried to post multiple UOAs before but they become "scrambled" (for lack of better terms) when I post them. The jumbled columns make it very difficult to compare the values. I'm sure it's a case of my ineptness with a computer.
wink.gif

For the last 5 UOAs, the potassium numbers have been:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back