Z Max Addivitve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh goody gumdrops. My zMax arrived today.

Two $49.95 zMAX "power System" kits, in original packaging, for sale at $10.00 each. You pay shipping.

Identity of buyers will be kept secret.

I don't suppose you want to contribute to the board and do a UOA of the stuff do ya'?
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I don't suppose you want to contribute to the board and do a UOA of the stuff do ya'?
whistle.gif

I hope that whistling icon means what I think it does.
grin.gif

Well, I do wish to contribute, and hence my ARX thread. I don't want to put zmax in my crankcase though, and I especially don't want to now that I am doing an ARX treatment. I would be happy to donate a zmax kit to the forum for testing purposes though.

Originally Posted By: Oilgal
Now I get it. Virgin oil analysis!

So how do I do this?

Just get a kit from whatever lab you want to use (Blackstone is a sponsor, but I prefer OAI through Amsoil), shake up the product, and poor the Z-max into the provided container. Then just send it in. Cost is ~$22. Make sure not to contaminate the container.

A VOA could be very useful to see what is in this stuff (if anything), and you would be taking an active part in furthering the mission of this board.
cheers3.gif

Are you sure this has not been done before by someone else? If it hasn't I will do it in a couple of weeks. Money is tight right now for me though.

I can't say for sure, but I searched in the VOA section and found no hits for Z max. I can't recall anyone posting about a VOA before either. It would be most interesting and might put some of this controversy to bed. Make sure to use the engine treatment bottle (even though they are all probably the same stuff).

FWIW and many will think it is worth nothing, ZMAX's explaination of how/why ZMAX works. IMO this has to be considered in addition to a VOA.

zMAX Soaks Into Metal

zMAX begins as pure micro-lubricant. Our proprietary process reformulates the micro-lubricant, altering the molecular structure, creating molecules that are far smaller than those of conventional motor oils. This reformulation process is the key to creating the zMAX micro-molecules that are so small zMAX actually soaks deep into metal. By soaking into metal, zMAX disperses carbon and other harmful deposits inside the engine, protecting your engine from the inside out.

I'd love to what one of the local Lube Engineers have to say about that. Oil molecules are already in 240 atomic weight range which is pretty small. According to THIS site, oil molecules are ~20 angstroms wide (.000000079"). How much smaller could they get? And that is way smaller than the asperities on finest of polishes. Makes me think their claims are a little off.

And I think that if you have oil soaking into your metal parts, you have a crack, which is more of a problem than carbon.

Really their claims are so preposterous I am not willing to spend $22.00 to pay for a VOA on the stuff.

I am through with this zMax stuff. I wont discus it anymore.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I'd love to what one of the local Lube Engineers have to say about that. Oil molecules are already in 240 atomic weight range which is pretty small. According to THIS site, oil molecules are ~20 angstroms wide (.000000079"). How much smaller could they get? And that is way smaller than the asperities on finest of polishes. Makes me think their claims are a little off.

And I think that if you have oil soaking into your metal parts, you have a crack, which is more of a problem than carbon.

PLus oil has the ability to thin out to single molecule layer. I saw it on a science show when they put a drop of oil into water on a calm lake and you could see the oil rainbow as it spread. It was amazing how far 1 drop of oil could spread out.

"Our proprietary process reformulates the micro-lubricant, altering the molecular structure, creating molecules that are far smaller than those of conventional motor oils. This reformulation process is the key to creating the zMAX micro-molecules that are so small zMAX actually soaks deep into metal. By soaking into metal, zMAX disperses carbon and other harmful deposits inside the engine ..."

This factory verbage could also be describing a solvent ... something like PB Blaster ... something I wouldn't put in any of my engines.
shocked2.gif

After a few pages here, I agree with Gary Allen the most. When you see a company making wild claims ... you really need to start looking for the hook, the gimmick, the weasel words that allow them to make outrageous claims and get away with it. The fact that a product is on an infomercial just about disqualifies it in my opinion.

This is true of miracle lubes, car waxes, hair re-growth, laundry products, teeth whiteners, diet aids, hair regrowth treatments, etc ...

They made the term "buyer beware" for just these sorts of occasions.

Quote:
This factory verbage could also be describing a solvent

Could very well be. I have asked for an MSDS twice, and received no answer. None found with Google either. A volatile % would be very interesting to see.

I have made the trade today, and so the offer is now closed.

I just want to add, that I well realize, I may be wrong about zMax. Heaven knows I am often wrong, and I suspect that zMax may, at the the least, be effective when used in your gas tank.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas.
grin.gif

Most of them were damaged kits from a shipping wholesaler. I mixed all the product and used it in the fuel over time. It was put to good use and is all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back