07.5 Chevy DMax 4,810 miles Delo 15W-40 High Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my first sample of oil from my truck and sent it in. I had a higher than expected fuel percentage. I went ahead and dumped the oil and refilled with Castrol Tection 15W-40. The Castrol Tection was the only CJ4 oil on the shelves at the O'Reilly's in Hollister, MO.
scan-2.jpg

Arkapigdiesel, I thought you were sold on the Cummins engine. Is the Duramax a common rail? Amazing this sample can have 5.5% fuel (which is evident by the flash point) and still have a decent viscosity. I'll bet this engine will turn out to produce very good samples.

snoboy

Last edited:
Shawn, I'm surprised you didn't shop around for Delo- thought you were sold on it.
Nice UOA anyways for a new engine.

Cummins is a darn fine engine sno, but there were other things that I couldn't grow into on the truck.

I love Delo, but I'm not as obsessive as I used to be on oil to tell you the truth. I believe any properly formulated oil will more than do an adequate enough job.

I'll resample again in 2K miles to see if the fuel dilution has dropped. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a trend.

Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel

I love Delo, but I'm not as obsessive as I used to be on oil to tell you the truth. I believe any properly formulated oil will more than do an adequate enough job.

Yer just in a slump!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back