What are you eating for lunch today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday was a quiet day at work, so we ordered Atomic Wings. The two guys I worked with "only" ordered the abusive wings. I went with suicidal. The only hotter ones were nuclear. Good wings if anyone's in NY. They have a few locations around the city.

Just had Shepherd's pie and roasted carrots. I'm pretty lucky. The in house restaraunt at my job is kinda good.

I had leftovers... meatloaf, stove top stuffing and corn... YUM! My wife makes the BEST meatloaf!
grin2.gif

Had meatloaf also. Knew there wasn't sliced bread for a sandwich at home, kinda busy, so stopped in a little hole in the wall place planning on a burger. Saw their plate special with meatloaf and 2 veggies. Quicker than a burger,probably cheaper, and neither would have been anything but fuel for the afternoon.

Bob

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
I had leftovers... meatloaf, stove top stuffing and corn... YUM! My wife makes the BEST meatloaf!
grin2.gif

Sorry, MY wife makes the best meatloaf. There's nothing better than a meatloaf sandwich.

I have been eating meatloaf sandwiches for the past few days at lunch. It was the 1st time I had ever had one. They were good on potato bread.

Today I ate at a place near me called Ruiz Taqueria. This is a great little taco store. I got 2 Chorizo, 2 Pork, and 2 Carne Asada Tacos (they're kinda small) and drank a couple bottles of Sidral Mundet Manzana Verde green apple soda.

Best of all, the whole thing only cost $8 and it was very tasty and I got to talk to the owner for a bit. He's a Mexican whose been up here for about 15 years and is a GREAT cook!

I had homemade cream of zucchini and spinach soup with some rustic farmer's bread slices today. Soup is good in this frosty weather. I doubt we'll see 70°F today.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Bun and grouper is a bit bland isn't it?

LOL The grouper was good all by itself, even with only a bun. :)

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Hooters makes a good grouper sandwich. There's one about 4 blocks from my job. We go there from time to time.

Today for lunch, we had Ole Mole Chicken Burrito from the Burrito Box. It's the special every Thursday. 5.95 and I almost can't finish it. It's funny. That place used to be quiet. Then on Thursdays, people saw 5 or 6 of us in our blue "Engineering" uniforms parading in there, now the line is out the door. Ya gotta get there before 12 to get in and out fast.

I almost always eat leftovers from a previous supper.

Today it is pan-fried fresh salmon cakes with a creamy lemon herb dipping sauce. Sides: fennel-orange salad with black olives and mint and asparagus with lemon-shallot vinaigrette.

It was very good last night. I look forward to it at lunch today as well.

Oh man... The menu today is plain. Pizza and Pasta, quesadilla, Salisbury steak and no chef table. Guess we'll be heading to the outside today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back