Jeep CRD 2.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my latest oil analysis. Jeep calls for 5w40 syn. For the last oil change I was in a hurry and used what was available Rotellla 15w40. I changed it at 3,027 miles because cold weather is here. I went back to 5w40 Rotella for the winter. My jeep has 19,000 miles on it. No make up oil for this sample.
I used 11% Biodiesel, varied driving, city, highway, light trailer pulling. I am rather new at this but I thought it looked good. I would enjoy any thought or comments you may have.

Aluminum:4
Chromium:1
Iron: 11
Copper: 2
Lead: 1
Tin: 0
Molybdium: 9
Nickel: 0
Magenese: 0
Silver: 0
Titanium: 0
Potassium: 4
Boron: 6
Silicon: 8
Sodium: 11
Calcium:3086
Magnisium: 19
Phos. 1051
Zinc: 1243
Barium: 0

SUS @ 210 74.4
cST@100 14.09
Flashpoint: 425
Fuel less than .5
Antifreeze: 0
Water:0
Insulabiles:0.4
TBN 9.9

Looks good but only 3k miles.
Notice how high insolubles are?
All the other number looks typical.
Wear gets worse as the insolubles buildup and 'blast' the engine. This motor needs a real filter(bypass!) for those 10k recommended factory OCIs.

Good stout oil even though a 15w40 and you need a 0w40 or 5w40.

TBN hasn't even dropped. Thats the power of ULSD fuel.

Yes, I typically would go 5000- 7000 miles with syn. Is the insolubles from soot? Yes, I want to look into a bypass filter. Thank you for your feedback.
Joe

Insolubles are below the radar on the soot scale. That is, what would read as .2-.4 on our test doesn't trip the reading on Terry's soot reading.

Yes, get a bypass and get out of warranty and get really long OCIs. That's if they don't induce some new side effect that plagues diesels even more than EGR, particulate limits ...blablablabla. Find any sanctuary and someone is surely going to invade it and wiz in the corner. We've got many people who depend on regulating your use of these neat things. Think of them .

I just got my first UOA back since installing my BMK-11 Amsoil bypass- cut my soot in half...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back