Race oil - Joe Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havn't seen any analysis on Joe Gibbs. I have read that they copied Redline quite closely. It's a Lubrizol made oil.

I have a case of the XP1 (lightweight) Joe Gibbs, if someone wants to be the guinea pig...
smile.gif

XP1 is for sissies!!
grin2.gif
That's about what Bruceblend® 0w-20-LITE is in visc. Buster needs to run it in his Honda. If Bruceblend® 0w-10 works like I think it will, I'm going back to Bruce to get an even thinner oil. I'm still too close to the ceiling on oil pressure. If he can do it (additives really bring up the visc-apparently) ..I'll see if he can blend something in a 4CST with the Joe Gibbs-like add pack. I think Joe Gibbs was Bruce's understudy at some point.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
XP1 is for sissies!!
grin2.gif
That's about what Bruceblend® 0w-20-LITE is in visc. Buster needs to run it in his Honda. If Bruceblend® 0w-10 works like I think it will, I'm going back to Bruce to get an even thinner oil. I'm still too close to the ceiling on oil pressure. If he can do it (additives really bring up the visc-apparently) ..I'll see if he can blend something in a 4CST with the Joe Gibbs-like add pack. I think Joe Gibbs was Bruce's understudy at some point.
LOL.gif

You know, I should try it. I have 100% confindence in bruce blend anything. Plus with fuel prices going up, might not be a bad idea.
smile.gif

Bruce did mention something about kero being not too far off the pace there.
LOL.gif
I think the off the cuff comical discussion was about Master Acid's adoption of Dr. Haas's (now infamous) statement (paraphrased) "Kerosene, properly additized, may make a good motor oil".

If this 5.x batch works out ..and if he's willing, I'll try a sub 5 CST oil out. I think the hardest thing to do (for Bruce) is getting Joe Gibbs-like additive levels without overshooting the target visc on any given batch. I gather that it's sorta like target practice with a graduated cylinder. It's not like SPC is involved here. It's a 5 gallon batch that he blends up and tests. Whatever it is ...it is .

I don't really know how much more it would prove ..but I'd do it anyway. I mean ..how much difference is there between something like 5.2 and 4.5 CST @ 100C? Maybe modern passenger car engines should adopt the NASCAR engine builder's oil flow theory. Ultra-high volume with (relatively) low pressure.

Well that theory would certainly lower the fictional losses as much as possible while still mantaining the tribological film. Might have to give Bruce a call with the "Water of Life" blend, eh?!?
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back