by supton
02/21/18 08:27 AM
1998 Chevy 1500 engine replaced
by RF4guy
02/21/18 08:18 AM
Hyundai Accent Oil Filters
by RF4guy
02/21/18 08:06 AM
Does anyone remember Jay "Pee Wee" Gleason?
by grampi
02/21/18 08:04 AM
How would you use your gun?
by ZZman
02/21/18 07:59 AM
Windshield: sealing crack
by supton
02/21/18 07:49 AM
RIP Billy Graham 1918-2018
by Char Baby
02/21/18 07:36 AM
Grease for Telescopic/Tilt Screws Lexus LS430?
by Gebo
02/21/18 07:34 AM
Redline Break-in Additive on rebuild engine ?
by taoybb
02/21/18 07:30 AM
Battery, 09 Acadia
by Old Mustang Guy
02/21/18 07:23 AM
Random P0455 gross evap leak/no flow code
by Dave Sherman
02/21/18 07:11 AM
For Sale: Matco Torque Wrench
by mobilaltima
02/21/18 05:19 AM
Federal Personal Defense
by BlueOvalFitter
02/21/18 03:15 AM
Mixing TGMO 0w20 and Castrol Euro 0w40!
by FranklinJL
02/21/18 02:27 AM
Why is "7.5" scoffed at, but 16, 8, and 4 are OK?
by gfh77665
02/20/18 11:56 PM
F-350 Batteries - What Not To Do
by tom slick
02/20/18 11:05 PM
Expert Installatiion Charge
by ZeeOSix
02/20/18 10:06 PM
Teflon Lubricant
by Snagglefoot
02/20/18 09:39 PM
Used oil analysis on a sitting oil
by OilUzer
02/20/18 09:34 PM
Newest Members
TallerTrucker, GTIguy5, AaronD81, RF4guy, jt5851
64245 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (2K2AcuraTL, ARCOgraphite, Alfred_B, Andrei, AndyB, 8 invisible), 1472 Guests and 94 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
64245 Members
65 Forums
278476 Topics
4647838 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Smog Pump Question - 82 Mustang 200 I6 by WylieCoyote @ 18 seconds ago

Thanks for letting me know! I think I'll just leave it be. :-) I've got some custom seat covers coming in matching red. That vinyl is SLICK, and cold. Being in that car brings back a lot of memories for me too. My sister used to cruise me aroun
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: How would you use your gun? by tmorris1 @ 2 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: michaelluscherOriginally Posted By: ZZmanOriginally Posted By: Bottom_FeederUnless you are an off-duty LEO, using your own weapon to prevent a crime happening to someone else isn't the legal purpose of carrying it, right? I thi
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Windshield: sealing crack by supton @ 2 minutes 58 seconds ago

Hmm, did not think to push on it, see how it feels. If it pushes out I'll have to bite the bullet and have it replaced--I can't see any shop willing to put back in a busted windshield. I like the car but I'm not about to spend $2k fixing this! Not
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Small Block of all time?? by Mantooth @ 3 minutes 28 seconds ago

My parents owned a 1971 Plymouth Duster 340 when I was a kid. The car served as a daily driver for my mother at the time, an elementary school teacher, until 1979. The story my Dad (who is 76 now) tells me is that he and my mother were out car sh
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Billy Graham 1918-2018 by Alfred_B @ 3 minutes 38 seconds ago

LOL, it is. Hence the value of not allowing religious posts on the forum.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 7.5Wx30 Oil by OVERKILL @ 4 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OilUzerOriginally Posted By: gfh77665Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixWhat the OP is getting at is he wants the cold oil (ambient) viscosity to be between a 10W and a 5W, regardless of the labeling/grade standards. Thats right.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on low mileage 2003 Mitsubishi Galant? by Alfred_B @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

$4,500 for a 15 year old Mitsubishi?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts It's still on new Fram website by goodtimes @ 5 minutes 43 seconds ago

www.fram.com/media/1070/fluidfilterrating.pdf "End-users should also be wary of numbers games they can also be played with B ratios. B ratios higher than 75 indicate little additional improvement in filtering efficiency. Furthermore, the test
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Chevy 1500 engine replaced by supton @ 6 minutes 34 seconds ago

Can you put on a pressure gauge? I'm wondering if it's slow to pump oil up to pressure. I presume it got an oil change when this was installed? I forget, can valve lash on these be checked cold? I know they are hydraulic lifters, so they pump up;
Jump to new posts Conventional question by supton @ 8 minutes 44 seconds ago

I've long thought that synthetic was better than conventional when it comes to high temperature conditions (like in rings). But is that still as true as it was? Can a good conventional be better than a cheap synthetic in regards to handling heat?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my wife to a drunk driver by tmorris1 @ 9 minutes 40 seconds ago

I live in Southern MN and saw the story. Sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what it must feel like. Hopefully you have some good friends and family to lean on for a while. I like the reporter, Beth McDonough, but I am a little surprised that the
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: LL-01 Recommendations by kschachn @ 12 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: edyvwJust quick replay: There is only one Redline 5W30 that is approved. No 0W30, 5W40 or 0W40 is approved. Redline is ONLY recommending them. Pennzoil Euro Pureplus is approved LL-04, NOT LL-01. Yeah that's pretty much the o
Automotive Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: F-350 Batteries - What Not To Do by Blkstanger @ 14 minutes 17 seconds ago

A coworker of mine just had a battery die on his Ford F-250. He took it to a shop and they told him that they recommend replacing both for this reason. Common problem on these duel battery systems.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Federal Personal Defense by BlueOvalFitter @ 14 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: IndydriverNo. Just look at the two rounds. FPD has only a dimple on the top edge of the bullet while HST has serrations all the way to the case. FPD has a brass case while HST is nickel. These features plus the low price of the
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra Syn filter leaks on new Honda Pilot by goodtimes @ 16 minutes 57 seconds ago

Was the correct filter used? XG7317 I believe. Or it could have been cross threaded, After all Fram is thought to be garbage by some and the outward thread on base is much easier to put on crooked. Very fast to blame the filter, would be unusual. ht
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Lubegard Heavy Duty Engine Protectant VOA by demarpaint @ 18 minutes 59 seconds ago

Kudos to Blackstone! I've used the product on and off over the years. What I like is their moly is not MOS2 according to a conversation I had with the maker of the product.
Jump to new posts Re: Boutique oil vs. Major oil company's by Bullwinkle007 @ 19 minutes 7 seconds ago

Personally, I've never tried amsoil, I have tried RP, it seems good, engine runs really smooth, but so does Valvoline Syn Power, Redline is good stuff, I have been to their business in benicia where it's made. I use their trandsfluid MTL Amsoil seem
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new Impala after test driving 9 vehicles by glock19 @ 19 minutes 18 seconds ago

Congrats, the new Impala is a great car. I did a review of a rental a while back and with the V6 it's definitely a comfortable cruiser. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...nta#Post4483899
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing TGMO 0w20 and Castrol Euro 0w40! by dernp @ 19 minutes 18 seconds ago

5.7L Tundra? Bullet proof. Run whatever.
Jump to new posts Re: Buying parts for your old car from the dealer by FordCapriDriver @ 23 minutes 19 seconds ago

I go to a local Ford dealer for things like oil filters and spark plugs for my now two classic Fords. They love seeing them and they're very nice to me and give me discount prices, kind of as a gift for keeping them on the road. They also have known
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai Accent Oil Filters by Sayjac @ 23 minutes 34 seconds ago

The now old Wix made ST9688 will fit/screw on, but due WM ST consolidation is really the smaller OD 7317 application size. As the current Wix made ST filter is being clearanced/closed out, what the new ST 9688/3593a application will be remains a ques
Jump to new posts Re: Vibe; 1ZZ-FE, under vc, 265k miles by MarkM66 @ 23 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cb450scMy daughter had a 2005 matrix for a couple of years. Of all of the vehicles that I have maintained over the years this one is my favourite. It seems it was designed with easy maintenance in mind. Today's cars should be
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Miata by john_pifer @ 28 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BladecutterOriginally Posted By: john_piferWhat strikes me about the Alfa FIAT 124 Spider is that the styling seems extremely dated compared with that new Miata. 28 grand sticker price and it's also only a 1.4L engine. Granted,
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone remember Jay "Pee Wee" Gleason? by sunruh @ 29 minutes 50 seconds ago

we had a big thread on him when he died you clearly didnt look back
Jump to new posts Re: applications for 20w 50 oil by FordCapriDriver @ 30 minutes 21 seconds ago

Most old European classics run great on it, most Italian classics ( pre 1980s ) spec 20W-50, the same thing with most 60s and 70s British and German cars. My Capri loves the stuff, specially Valvoline VR1, no wonder since it specs 20W-50 for above fr
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >