Recent Topics
What happened to my thread?
by Lolvoguy
02/21/17 10:36 AM
Careless assembly of a factory Camaro V6?
by Ed_Flecko
02/21/17 10:30 AM
Hot water
by supton
02/21/17 10:11 AM
Best paint for wrought-iron railings
by Exit32
02/21/17 10:05 AM
Iphone updates
by grampi
02/21/17 09:48 AM
Necessity of Copper removal from the bore
by NissanHauler
02/21/17 09:31 AM
2015 kia optima turbo cabin filter blue?
by Grambo
02/21/17 09:02 AM
Recommendation on bulk P/S fluid for Honda/Acura
by redhat
02/21/17 08:52 AM
Thoughts on a '06 Buick Lucerne
by Mantooth
02/21/17 08:26 AM
Anyone have a FLIR ONE thermal imaging camera?
by daves66nova
02/21/17 08:19 AM
RedLine 5W30, 6k mi OCI, 54.7k mi, Cadillac CTS-V
by Emperors6
02/21/17 08:15 AM
Outdoor LED Flood Lights??
by doitmyself
02/21/17 08:03 AM
Old stock Joe Gibbs oil
by Jetfccrew
02/21/17 07:08 AM
Grease analysis?
by Jolly_Rogers
02/21/17 06:04 AM
Torquing Acura Crank Bolt
by artbuc
02/21/17 03:50 AM
RAM 1500 3.6l filter
by SavagePatch
02/20/17 11:49 PM
PPHM = thinner but less burn off?
by lukejo
02/20/17 10:54 PM
Replacement Front Struts
by garageman402
02/20/17 10:52 PM
2003 Dodge Caravan with rusty looking coolant
by Oldtom
02/20/17 10:28 PM
Cleaning bronze bore brushes and wire brushes
by Triple_Se7en
02/20/17 09:10 PM
Newest Members
Balou, benkovic, Jetfccrew, John7109, trentreznor321
60593 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (ARCOgraphite, Bandito440, Atesz792, 2civics, 1JZ_E46, asiancivicmaniac, 6 invisible), 2176 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60593 Members
66 Forums
261361 Topics
4311223 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Old stock Joe Gibbs oil by Jetfccrew @ 31 seconds ago

Thanks guys.. just going in my Porsche so didn't want to take a chance if was going to be iffy. I'll shake it up and use it ..
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Who has had a real engine failure? by Tdbo @ 1 minute 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonOriginally Posted By: FordCapriDriverOriginally Posted By: TdboI had a brand new 1982 Monte Carlo with a V6 in it. Diving down the street at 25 MPH, the crankshaft snapped in half. This was with 3000 miles on the odometer.
Jump to new posts Re: Careless assembly of a factory Camaro V6? by larryinnewyork @ 1 minute 47 seconds ago

Not to change the topic of this thread, but; I worked for a supplier to GM. The quality of worker ranged from good to bad. Most people I saw wanted to do a good job and would if trained and had good equiptment. Then there was one guy (related to Un
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Android battery life by Quattro Pete @ 3 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonDang. I charged mine up at 7pm last night. WiFi and BT on, cell off. Down to 65% now with hardly any usage (so a third of the battery gone within 17 hours of non-usage). Before you upgraded to this new phone, I warned
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Dodge Caravan with rusty looking coolant by SirTanon @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

Definitely needs to be drained & refilled, at a bare minimum, as mentioned above, but if there's any question as to the age of the fluid and/or the condition of the cooling system as a whole, if it were me, I would go ahead and do the Prestone fl
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investors....come in please! by Drew99GT @ 13 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: GasbuggyThough judging by your post count you don't get out much, probably not an ideal sample of normal. Gasbuggy ... don't make this personal with me, and keep your personal attacks to yourself.
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: home door lock lubricant by greasegunn @ 14 minutes 1 second ago

Sil-Glyde - The same stuff you use on brake slider pins
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Iphone updates by supton @ 16 minutes 42 seconds ago

Aren't updates fixing security glitches, software bugs, etc? I guess after using Windows for years I'm used to computers just slowly getting, well, slower as they age. It's how they get you to update. Well, maybe not so much them as much as consum
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: RedLine 5W30, 6k mi OCI, 54.7k mi, Cadillac CTS-V by Emperors6 @ 20 minutes 45 seconds ago

That location in Brampton is less than 10 minute drive away from where I usually am when in Canada. I actually am mostly in the US these days, but I haven't updated my profile. So, they'll do TBN and TAN for no extra charge? Excellent!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to my thread? by Olas @ 21 minutes 3 seconds ago

The OJ trial and the 911 attacks share the similarity that they divide people and cause arguments. They're effectively taboo subjects, and this is a family friendly board.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: The best commercial string trimmer money can buy by Rab6715 @ 21 minutes 26 seconds ago

Forget to add, Stihl makes a good product, but I will never own their product because you can't get parts diagrams and they do not allow you to buy parts outside dealer network aside from maybe an air filter, for example. I like to to my own service
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile by Quattro Pete @ 22 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: demarpaintOriginally Posted By: busterI called Mobil. It's not supposed to be on the shelf until March 13th. The guy was asking me which Walmart you saw it at bc it's not supposed to be released until March 13th. It will be a
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 VW Beatle 2.5L by Quattro Pete @ 27 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonOriginally Posted By: ET16Oil changes look like a hassle on these cars. Are the cars meant for topside changes? Not exactly. The filter is under the engine from what I recall.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: why are basic cartridge filters so expensive? by Hootbro @ 28 minutes 44 seconds ago

Another factor is that many of the newer cartridge filters with unique end styles and constuction are still within a 14 year design patent window. Filter makers outside of OEM contract made ones have to either find a work around design that does not
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendation on bulk P/S fluid for Honda/Acura by RevelationLion @ 28 minutes 59 seconds ago

I did the same procedure when replacing my pump on the Honda Accord and used Prestone with Lubegard protectant. The steering is excellent.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 40:1 or 50:1 fuel mix by Lenny5160 @ 29 minutes 20 seconds ago

I have some engines that call for 40:1 and some that call for 50:1. I use 40:1 with non-oxygenated gas in everything. I figure I'd rather be a little over spec on oil content than under.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Best paint for wrought-iron railings by zzyzzx @ 30 minutes 56 seconds ago

Regular Rustoleum is not suitable, you need the marine version with the built in UV protection. Yes, this is based on personal experience. When using it with a paint gun, I also add a hardener. https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-206999-Marine-Topsi
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol 0W40 origin switched back to Belgium by folzag @ 31 minutes 25 seconds ago

Heh. Thanks. Apparently too busy reading the fine print, and missed the big print staring me in the face.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on a '06 Buick Lucerne by Mantooth @ 34 minutes 27 seconds ago

Double post
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator "TECH" #TL-22500 CUT OPEN by Hootbro @ 38 minutes 2 seconds ago

My local Sear Auto Center uses these as their oil change jobber filters.
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 kia optima turbo cabin filter blue? by Grambo @ 39 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguymaybe. what does a new one look like? is it blue? comes in charcoal grey from the box idk whats going on.
Jump to new posts Re: no electric cars, no hydrogen cars, how about air? by turtlevette @ 52 minutes 16 seconds ago

The thing that's being ignored is the superior torque curve of an electric motor, all the way from zero rpm to the sky. No internal combustion engine or cold pressure engine can match that size for size. The steam cars couldn't do it either. We a
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Torquing Acura Crank Bolt by artbuc @ 56 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: VikasIt is Honda crank bolt! This is the bolt which laughs at 300 ft-lb gun and makes the DIY cry with frustration. You are talking about well in excess of 200 ft-lb of final torque here. I conf
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Why are car manufactures now blinding by HerrStig @ 58 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19Yepp it is not just the "old guys". I'm 21, and driving home at night on roads that aren't lit can be unbearable with the newer cars with LEDs. There is this long flat stretch
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Hot water by supton @ 58 minutes 43 seconds ago

All this talk of hot water heaters has me wondering. What is it in the tank that corrodes? Steel? I presume so that it doesn't cost a fortune to make? And thus the need for sacrificial anode? More to my question, what should I be doing for my se
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >