by Speak2Mountain
09/25/17 11:56 AM
Hard time bleeding rear brakes - Mazda 6
by Chester11
09/25/17 10:57 AM
Unreadable file
by gambLe
09/25/17 10:54 AM
Use conventional oil, but top off with synthetic?
by EchoThat300K
09/25/17 10:50 AM
Single stage paint care help.
by TinyVoices
09/25/17 09:27 AM
Looking for upgrade recommendation 9012 HIR2
by Ammofirst
09/25/17 08:55 AM
Atkinson Cycle engines on non-hybrid vehicles
by JustN89
09/25/17 07:47 AM
Pickle fork or hammer technique?
by ZZman
09/25/17 07:02 AM
Just bought used Exmark LazerZ---->Mainte
nance?

by SOHCman
09/25/17 06:59 AM
CQ Red or Microguard
by Duffyjr
09/25/17 05:30 AM
A quantum effect that you can play at home
by Shannow
09/25/17 05:26 AM
Cutting steel stock
by JHZR2
09/24/17 11:13 PM
Spirex S4 TXM in an Infiniti automatic.
by Mattd32208
09/24/17 11:00 PM
New puppy...potty training
by gregk24
09/24/17 10:15 PM
Newest Members
Wolfie, JR96, apollo18, CarsSimplified, Garretts77
62925 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (aquariuscsm, 2dogs, 14Accent, 2010Civic, Al, 6 invisible), 2397 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
62925 Members
66 Forums
271354 Topics
4500829 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cutting steel stock by tig1 @ 1 minute 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Originally Posted By: Linctex4-1/2" cutting wheel in an angle grinder is the easiest to handle, is pretty fast, and inexpensive. And can also fly apart and implant major shards of disc in your face or torso. Grante
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Glock 17L by billt460 @ 2 minutes 1 second ago

I had a beautiful clear, cool, still morning today. So I headed out to the range with the new Glock 17-L, and a good supply of ammo. I brought along the following: 100 rounds Federal Champion boxer brass 115 Gr. FMJ 100 rounds of Federal American E
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: LEOs and BWCs by PandaBear @ 4 minutes 19 seconds ago

I'm all for more "non selectively applied data". If BWC is on as soon as the cop is on duty and he cannot mess with it during or after any incident, and open it for both side of a court case, I'm all for it. Now if it is intentionally turne
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What makes Toyota oil better? by aquariuscsm @ 6 minutes 5 seconds ago

Ok,now my curiosity has gotten the best of me haha. Ght?? Is this you? What in the world is the honeycomb hideout? Maybe it's boredom instead of curiosity haha,it's too quiet here in the break room at work :p
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Help setting up Laptops for my teen Daughters by PandaBear @ 11 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraudYou could be Administrator or have a talk about iffy downloads that the girls may get into that will render the laptops useless, do they have the judgment to use them carefully? Once infected, you'd have to be
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Atkinson Cycle engines on non-hybrid vehicles by A_Harman @ 14 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister I did a google search for Atkinson Cycle engine . Read several articles & know a tiny bit more than I did about a Atkinson Cycle engine . OK , the spark is 100% under control of the computer . F
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: My break in method by ARCOgraphite @ 15 minutes 26 seconds ago

Ran t5 in the blower. No likey. Ran some OLD OLD Red bottle QS 10w30 HM with the additive and that was excellent. Likey Triple protect dino better. Of course that was a sample of 1.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Star Trek Discovery airs tonight at 8:30 eastern t by aquariuscsm @ 17 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MCompactMy favorite Star Trek show was/is DS9- and it got off to a bit of a slow start until it found its groove. After watching the first episode I'll give Discovery the benefit of the doubt- but I'm not happy about having to b
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Shell 15W40 HTHS by boraticus @ 18 minutes 3 seconds ago

Found these stats online. Unfortunately, many popular oils aren't on this list: HTHS - High temperature High shear A relatively new oil test/specification, the oil is subjected to high temperature 150C and is mechanically sheared at 1 x 10^6 per se
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Personal VPN - McAfee Safe Connect by PandaBear @ 18 minutes 44 seconds ago

It is not good. They didn't advertise the service keeps no log of user activities. So if MPAA wants to sue you they can still sue McAfee and they'll have to reveal who was logged on to that particular ip address doing what. Plus they are not cheaper
Jump to new posts Re: Do ALL engines shear oil? by Solarent @ 18 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: demarpaintNo, not in my case I have two UOA's for the same vehicle were both times the oil moved up a grade.One case was in 5K miles, the other in 6K miles. It did well in the application both times but "thickened." S
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sinking brake pedal... by ruhroh @ 19 minutes 57 seconds ago

A good start would be to borrow a brake bleeder tool from Autozone or AAP and replace the brake fluid. If the fluid is that far gone, the master cylinder is probably going to follow soon.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Unreadable file by PandaBear @ 22 minutes 37 seconds ago

Try to open with WordPad and see if it helps, email to your friend and see if it can be opened there.
Jump to new posts Re: Cost effective 0w20 in single quarts by aquariuscsm @ 25 minutes 13 seconds ago

Aap has qsud OW20 singles on clearance for $2. Any other time than clearance sales,there's usually never any cost effective single quarts.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Grease for Reciprocating Saw by wayne50 @ 34 minutes 56 seconds ago

I just read an article yesterday about someone re-greasing their angle grinders. There was enough grease in there, it just needed to be redistributed on the gears. If it were me and there was a fair amount of clean grease in there, I think that's w
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Best Auto Store Brand of Brake Pads? by hallstevenson @ 36 minutes 23 seconds ago

Thing with "store brand" parts is one manufacturer may produce them this year and a different manufacturer may make them next year. They may have more than one supplier for different models, years, and so on.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Turbine oil in internal combustian engines? by nthach @ 36 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Cujet It works well in many turbine engines, however there is a newer family of high thermal stability turbine oils that perform considerably better under extreme heat. In other words, 2380 is really not great in high heat situ
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for upgrade recommendation 9012 HIR2 by Smokescreen @ 42 minutes 7 seconds ago

Do not do Silver Stars, blue tinted bulbs offer worse performance than stock and a very short life. It must be poor lamp design because the 9012 HIR is an awesome low beam bulb. the 9011HIR is an awesome high beam bulb.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The richest woman on earth drives a by A_Harman @ 42 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakOriginally Posted By: OVERKILLExactly. One extremely wealthy friend of the family used to drive around in a Buick Roadmaster wagon, in fact she had quite a few of them that were purchased for her use with her primary argume
Jump to new posts Re: LSPI engine damage by bigj_16 @ 43 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SolarentOriginally Posted By: bigj_16I am not doubting your premise. I am just looking at it, currently, like this. I would rather the LSPI not happen in the first place(calcium) than for it to happen(calcium) and be prevented(Z
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Service Pro Global ATF? by MolaKule @ 46 minutes 4 seconds ago

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2803745/1 Have a VOA done and let's compare it to other ATF's. PQIA comparisons.: http://pqiamerica.com/ATF_Sample_Summary_Dec_2016.html
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Failure Analysis: Toyota V6 Timing Belt Failure by 02SE @ 47 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sleddriverWow...neglected for sure. Obviously, the TB tensioner pulley bearing failed. It was now 17yrs old. The water pump bearing also failed. It too was 17yrs old. If you look closely at the photo, you'll see where an impel
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Diesel P/U's Coal Smoking It from Stop Lights by nthach @ 48 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SeaJay The days of LEO's stopping anyone and everyone who is speeding more than a few over, driving with missing lights, neglecting turn signals, rolling stop signs, etc..... have long passed. In cities, cops have little reaso
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator P1 #22500 12,600 miles CUT OPEN by Garak @ 49 minutes 6 seconds ago

So the solution for Purolator if they don't want to glue evenly is put more media in so they don't have a choice but to have it even.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 by khittner @ 53 minutes 47 seconds ago

Snow tire = Nokian Nokian R2
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >