by JohnnyJohnson
11/23/17 09:13 AM
Failing Thermostat?
by Delta
11/23/17 09:08 AM
Hitch ball slides in and out.
by motor_oil_madman
11/23/17 08:55 AM
Castrol Edge 0W40 on sale at CTC this weekend.
by mightymousetech
11/23/17 08:41 AM
No Fumoto Oil Change - Never Again!
by gathermewool
11/23/17 08:19 AM
Newest Members
deckm00, Cblove91, CarGuy99, bobcat, Skier
63481 Registered Users
Who's Online
68 registered (Artem, b1amgm47, bdcardinal, 4WD, bigj_16, 1nighttrain, 6 invisible), 1260 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
63481 Members
66 Forums
274219 Topics
4558125 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: No Turkey this year by Linctex @ 54 seconds ago

Exwife has my daughter, so it's just me. Grilling a 18 oz Buffalo/Bison steak. I always buy a lot of turkeys when they are on sale - I cook them in a roaster, then pressure can the meat in mason jars.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Fumoto Thanksgiving Sale 20% Off by craigq @ 3 minutes 27 seconds ago

Fumoto Thanksgiving sale 20% off and free US domestic shipping on orders over $25, valid through 11/26/2017 Promo code THANKS Sorry if a re-post...
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Oreillys super start battery? by The_Nuke @ 3 minutes 57 seconds ago

with a name like Super Start, you cant go wrong, right?!? superficial name aside, I've had 2 of them, and i have no complaints. they've performed very well for me in less than ideal situations i will say.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring by Merkava_4 @ 14 minutes 20 seconds ago

235/70R16 is not really a passenger car tire. However, 225/70R16 is. These would be good
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Warming up to Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart by Bryanccfshr @ 14 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnsonOriginally Posted By: PimTacSomeone else stated in another thread a while back that they had communicated with Shell and that Ultra will not be licensed for gen2. They were not going to pursue it. Strange marketi
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Detailed the XJ by Delta @ 18 minutes 57 seconds ago

Looks great! I'm surprised to see another Poorboy's user on here!
Jump to new posts Re: API SN Plus Update? by Danh @ 24 minutes 4 seconds ago

Other than GM's 1.5T engine, it's hard to find any reports of real engine problems resulting from LSPI, presumably because OEMs have tuned PCMs to avoid it, possibly by richening the mixture under conditions where LSPI could occur. It seems likely
Jump to new posts Re: To all you PEA fuel additive lovers...don't wait!! by eyeofthetiger @ 27 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pbmI've always avoided 'stocking up' on these type chemicals because of concern that they would lose effectiveness over time. Can any of the more enlightened members tell me if this is a legitimate concern? This is a very good
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Not cleaning rimfires ? by billt460 @ 27 minutes 46 seconds ago

Another negative about Bore Snakes, is over the years I have seen a total of three of them snap off inside the bore. And all of them were a nightmare to get out. Enough that I wouldn't risk their use because of it. Granted they were all well used, an
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Where to buy rust free truck by dareo @ 28 minutes 31 seconds ago

My truck did about half its years in Ohio and half in Utah and its pretty rusty for a 2WD. Nothing on the body but you can tell its seen a lot of road salt.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Grass Fed Ground Beef Anyone? by Duffyjr @ 28 minutes 44 seconds ago

My dad was a butcher/meat cutter and he always aged what he brought home and it wasn't bright red like you see in the store, it takes on a much darker look to it. It's why I don't buy many steaks these days. I've also lived where all you could get w
Jump to new posts Re: Top Gear take on Engine Oil / OCI's by SilverFusion2010 @ 29 minutes 25 seconds ago

I had an engineering professor that fondly referred to "idiot [censored] red-headed stepchild" imperial units.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: It's that time of year... by Tony10s @ 33 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Christmas music already? I was flipping through radio stations in the car last week and heard Christmas music, turned it off asap I did exactly the same thing, lol. They start playing it way too early, and Christmas de
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts REdline Vs M1 vs Castrol 0w40/5w40 by just_me @ 33 minutes 55 seconds ago

I do find it interesting that Redline's 5W40 has such a margin in HTHS vs similar grades from M1 and Castrol/Edge. yes I checked:-) I note that the same cannot be said for other "premium"brands including most of the German ones or Amsoil.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Delvac 1300 15/40 in gas engines. by eyeofthetiger @ 39 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetigerI am about to try switching to 15W-40 in the ol' 4.3 V6. The 20W-50 was for this past summer, but it is a bit thick for in the winter. The AT-205 Reseal has helped enough with the valve seals that it doesn't smoke o
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Endeavor Air CRJ900's by ms21043 @ 42 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: lyleif the C series is anything like these, then hallelujah! No more gate checking rollaboards because the CRJ has a glovebox for an overhead. The C Series is a very good airplane, so good that Boeing is afraid of them. They c
Jump to new posts Re: PUP Ultra $19.98 Walmart by 2strokeNorthstar @ 42 minutes 48 seconds ago

Thank you. 5w20 $30 rebate = -$9. Nice. Walmart delivered the 3 5qt jugs of 5w20 Synpower for $20 no questions asked a while back.
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No Fumoto Oil Change - Never Again! by redbone3 @ 43 minutes 30 seconds ago

Buy an oil extractor. Problem solved for all your vehicles. Plus, no danger of the valve malfunctioning. With the addition of a small piece of flexible hose you can also bleed brakes and hydraulic clutch systems.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Tesla Truck - 500mi Range, 1M mi Guarantee by Mr Nice @ 50 minutes 15 seconds ago

I sometimes watch trucking videos on YouTube and these guys regularly are 85,000 lbs gross weight. No way these Tesla rigs can compete with diesel rigs for the long haul (no pun intended). Nice new toy from Tesla but they would fail in the real wo
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Alternate to wix 57079? by HosteenJorje @ 51 minutes 8 seconds ago

DENSO
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Top off ATF by MaximaGuy @ 52 minutes 29 seconds ago

Throw in some DexIII and call it a day
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Need Dexron VI recommendations for 10 Avalanche by MaximaGuy @ 53 minutes 13 seconds ago

Havoline/Chevron are by far the least marketed and known fluids ever. They are good fluids and hold well. Dex6 is such a great fluid picking any of the good brands will serve you well. Valvoline, Castrol are readily available and great fluids.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Napa Gold Cut open, W I D E pleat spacing by HosteenJorje @ 53 minutes 42 seconds ago

I cut a new NAPA Gold oil filter and don't think Wix is making as good of a product as the used to.Looks like it was made of the cheap. Not near as good of construction as the Denso oil filters I use.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Delvac 5w40 - 10 Yr Engine Tear Down by 4WD @ 54 minutes 51 seconds ago

I just checked Walmart.com - D1 out of stock - but M1 0w40 for $19.98 a 5 qt jug free shipping on two or more
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State rebate denied on clearance AA QSUD by 2strokeNorthstar @ 55 minutes 13 seconds ago

Got both of mine. Maxed out after the $0.89 quart QS walmart deal too (3 total rebates).
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >