Zombie Dishwasher keeps on running all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Electronic control panel (as I said before:- membrane touch panel on the front); It has solid state controller board. Either of these parts at RepairClinic would buy me at least 1/2 or more of the new dishwasher.

00913294.jpg

Not in stock, can be ordered for $247.64 and will be delivered in 3 weeks if ordered today.

I had that exact model of dishwasher..control panel a few years back.

I bought a Whirlpool brand new stainless steel (big deal i know) dishwasher, display model, from Lowes a while back for $300. $250 for that panel is armed robbery.

Finally, it is now complaining all the time and does not want to do dishes at all.

Local appliance store is recommending Asko and Bosch. Asko has 3yr factory warranty. But he was honest and told me that none of the new dishwasher will last 15 years.

The installation charges are outrageous, $200+! Can you do it myself? Mind you, I thought it was a major accomplishment to replace the water solenoid valve on the humidifier, two screws, two compression fittings, two wire nuts! I guess, a dishwasher is similar :)

Finally, it is now complaining all the time and does not want to do dishes at all.

Wow... sounds like you and your wife are heading for divorce.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Wow... sounds like you and your wife are heading for divorce.
smile.gif

LOL sounds like me as a teenager. I use to hate doing the dishes. Now it's how I get my hands good and clean after working on the car.

More questions on humidifier:-

It feels as if the incoming water is travelling straight through the panel rather than evaporating . The panel "exhaust" has the same flow rate as the incoming water. The pump which picks up the excess water is running all the time. I remember the pump used to run only occasionally in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back