zMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
I don't rewrite anything. Fact is that product was or is possibly still sold in south America and Mexico because Mexico was the last places that manufactured the original air cooled beetle. I don't doubt a US dealer may be able to get some NOS for this application.

With the last model year being 2004 (manufactured 03) for the air cooled Beetle it seems more than possible that 10 years later they would still sell this product in those markets for these engines. However VW does not recommended the product today for any of their water cooled engines including the water boxers that were used in the vans till 92.

If it was the be all and end all as you make it out to be why not? Because it turns the oil black? That kite wont fly, after all it didn't prevent them from recommending it for the Bug. They don't seemed bothered by diesel engines turning their oil black.

You said it yourself in that Subaru thread that it was for the air cooled engines, whats the problem, no one is arguing that. Everything i posted is factual and verifiable (RR FSM is a factual as i can find) if i posted something erroneous please point it out with some documentation to show it is incorrect.

You are doing more to discredit the product than promote it, any possible real benefits if there are any are being obscured by myths, stories and non existent manufacturers recommendations.

Originally Posted By: dave5358
there is no amount of information or part numbers or evidence I could provide which would satisfy you. In your fantasy re-write bubble, you've decided that this part doesn't exist or it's a hoax or it's a myth. Maybe someone is out there printing VW's name on parts just for the heck of it. Or, maybe VW doesn't even exist. If you can re-write history to match your conclusions, why not reality? You're in good company in this forum.

This ^^^^^^^ . You really need to give it a rest.

Oh yes, it was purchased from a VW dealer.

Which dealer and where? I want to order some for analysis.

I have contacted VW dealers in Chicago, Des Moines, and Kansas City and they do not sell this OTC additive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
How would the oil companies have determined their formulations before PQIA came onto the scene?

Maybe send a sample to Blackstone for an analysis? That's what the PQIA folks do. Who knows, maybe they can perform their own oil analysis?

Wrong again as usual.

PQIA sends samples to a number of various labs.

Last edited:
[Which dealer and where? I want to order some for analysis. I have contacted VW dealers in Chicago, Des Moines, and Kansas City and they do not sell this OTC additive.

If you really can't find it at VW, as you claim, you can buy it directly from LUMOBRAS, Alphaville, Barueri, Brazil, or you can buy it directly from any US Dow Corning distributor. Since when did you start analyzing things?

I'm still waiting to hear of your publications or research in the area of motor oils or additives or anything. Well, other than your 'contributions' to BITOG. I recall you trashing the reputations of Dr Richard Shalvoy and Maurice LePera, whose conclusions on Zmax were well documented and their methodology was quite public. Yet, in the entire Zmax thread, you offered exactly zero in the way of support for your position. So how about it? Tell us what you've published lately (or ever).

While Dow Corning may sell it, it does not follow that VW does. Thus it is not approved for use by VW.

What VW dealer did you purchase it from? As you say you did, then what is the part number?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trajan
While Dow Corning may sell it, it does not follow that VW does. Thus it is not approved for use by VW. What VW dealer did you purchase it from?

Please see the message right before yours in this thread.

6wR0pEI.jpg

How would the oil companies have determined their formulations before PQIA came onto the scene?

Maybe send a sample to Blackstone for an analysis? That's what the PQIA folks do. Who knows, maybe they can perform their own oil analysis?

Wrong again as usual.

Originally Posted By: Dave5358
Yet, in the entire Zmax thread, you offered exactly zero in the way of support for your position.

Post #2089009 in Science and Technology of Oils and Lubricant Additives » Technical and White Papers.

Go to that thread and offer any tribological data that you think would refute the premise and we'll attempt to help you understand what is being discussed.

When are you going to offer anything in Science and Technology of Oils and Lubricant Additives or anywhere else to show you even remotely understand what you think you are espousing?

Last edited:
While Dow Corning may sell it, it does not follow that VW does. Thus it is not approved for use by VW. What VW dealer did you purchase it from?

Please see the message right before yours in this thread.

6wR0pEI.jpg

What VW dealer did you buy it from? What is the part number. Why does it not come up either from VoA or VW AG?

Last edited:
[Which dealer and where? I want to order some for analysis. I have contacted VW dealers in Chicago, Des Moines, and Kansas City and they do not sell this OTC additive.

If you really can't find it at VW, as you claim, you can buy it directly from LUMOBRAS, Alphaville, Barueri, Brazil, or you can buy it directly from any US Dow Corning distributor. Since when did you start analyzing things?

I have been analyzing "things" for 45+ years.
grin2.gif

Now answer the question:

Which dealer and where? I want to order some for analysis. I have contacted VW dealers in Chicago, Des Moines, and Kansas City and they do not sell this OTC additive.

When are you going to offer anything in Science and Technology of Oils and Lubricant Additives or anywhere else to show you even remotely understand what you think you are espousing?

I've never claimed to be a tribologist, or whatever title you're using these days. But I find it amazing that you would insult the integrity of others in the field and attack their reputations or make personal attacks on them - people who clearly have done the research. And this, for no apparent reason except that they disagree with your preconceptions. Maybe that's all you can do with nothing to support your anti-additive position.

Originally Posted By: Molakule
Wrong again as usual. PQIA sends samples to a number of various labs.

LOL

Wrong again as usual.

Yet, in the entire Zmax thread, you offered exactly zero in the way of support for your position.

Post #2089009 in Science and Technology of Oils and Lubricant Additives » Technical and White Papers.

Go to that thread and offer any tribological data that you think would refute the premise and we'll attempt to help you understand what is being discussed.

I wouldn't hold your breath
smile.gif

I've never claimed to be a tribologist, or whatever title you're using these days. But I find it amazing that you would insult the integrity of others in the field and attack their reputations or make personal attacks on them - people who clearly have done the research. And this, for no apparent reason except that they disagree with your preconceptions. Maybe that's all you can do with nothing to support your anti-additive position.

Wrong again as usual. PQIA sends samples to a number of various labs.

LOL

Laughing out loud myself!
crackmeup2.gif

Then have those people you are so impressed with become a BITOG member and have them attempt to refute the data.

I noticed none of them came to your's or Zmax's defense.

And I've been converting beer into urine for 50 years, but that does not make me a chemist. Your question was answered. You just did not like the answer:

If you really can't find it at VW, as you claim, then you can buy it directly from LUMOBRAS, Alphaville, Barueri, Brazil, or you can buy it directly from any US Dow Corning distributor.

Your first sentence is what I would expect: nonsensical but entertaining.

You're still avoiding a simple direct question. What VW dealer and what is the location, telephone number, contact, website, etc?

Last edited:
So, as http://www.lumobras.com.br/marcas/molykote.html has no Molykote Fluid Concentrate, and is *not* a VW dealer, what VW dealer did you get it from?

http://www.lumobras.com.br/marcas/molykote/lubrificante-seco.html

http://www.lumobras.com.br/marcas/molykote/pasta.html

http://www.lumobras.com.br/marcas/molykote/graxa.html

http://www.lumobras.com.br/marcas/molykote/oleo.html

http://www.lumobras.com.br/marcas/molykote/protetor-anticorrosivo.html

http://www.lumobras.com.br/marcas/molykote/suspensao.html

So where is it?

Try here. You might add 'learning to use the internet' to your bucket list.

As you should. You claimed to get it from a VW dealer. And still fail to name it.

Since I don't speak Portuguese, I used Molykote. Sue me.

So what VW dealer did you get it from?

Last edited:

Oh yes, it was purchased from a VW dealer.

Which dealer and where? I want to order some for analysis.

I have contacted VW dealers in Chicago, Des Moines, and Kansas City and they do not sell this OTC additive.

I didn't ask for any source, I asked you from which dealer you obtained it.

Last edited:
I didn't ask for any source, I asked you from which dealer you obtained it.

I want to order some for analysis.

If you want to order some for analysis and you cannot find it at a VW dealer as you claim, then your question has still been answered.

You, however, are still avoiding a simple direct question which should be of great interest to anyone reading this forum: please tell us your publications or research in the area of motor oils or additives or anything. Well, other than your 'contributions' to BITOG. I recall you trashing the reputations of Dr Richard Shalvoy and Maurice LePera, whose conclusions on Zmax were well documented and their methodology was quite public. Yet, in the entire Zmax thread, you offered exactly zero in the way of support for your position. So how about it? Tell us what you've published lately (or ever).

What VW dealer did you get it from?

That you fail again and again to name the dealer you claim you got it from leads to the conclusion that you made it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back