Zip ties with integrated cable stand-offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: brianl703
Is this what you want?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=298-1008-ND

Close, but not close enough! The one I need must have a stand-off with an open guide for the cable:

ziptie.jpg

No luck at McMC. I can't remember where I got the one in the picture. The cable clamp swivels freely, by the way. I think it came with some bicycle accessory. Maybe it actually came with the fork -- I can't remember. That zip tie is not shown in the fork manual.

Ill ask a guy at work who seems to always have special parts for stuff like this - for laboratory applications.

Out of curiosity, what is that attached to the fork? Why is it important that it is held off?

Please, don't go out of your way.

Sometimes you want a cable to be mounted a bit away from tubing or other components, but the cable needs to be able to flex or twist. That's when these zip ties come in handy.

The one in the picture holds the brake housing that goes to the front brake. Usually, people just use a normal zip tie there, but the stand-off makes bend in the brake housing more gradual. Also, you can just unsnap the brake housing.

I bet throttle cables for cars are thicker than bike brake housings.

I found this kind of cable tie with a clip for up to 6 mm cable housings made by TAQ-33, but the clip doesn't swivel:

2d27m0p.jpg

Those skull clips are for pirates...

The brake housing in the picture is an Avid Flak Jacket. The Jagwire is for a different bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back