zf 5hp19 trans oil substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.
asides from pentosin aft1(which is what i use now) what other budget friendly fluids could be used
it seems total atf mv is a acceptable substitute but i was wondering if there was more is a specific atf and not a generic atf like a mv

cars in question are 2003-5 passats with the autobox of course

yes i am trying to avoid mv fluids , it just gets expensive servicing a handful of cars

wish there was a cheaper alternative

I know what you mean but big $$ parts that fail can really hurt the wallet. Unless its a dex III or dex VI fluid I stay away from AMM and MV stuff on anything European.

most defiantly , my supplier just droped off 12 cases of the finest. guess if you want to play you gotta pay

[Linked Image]

That is true! I don't get all these one size fits all fluids, I am surprised they don't include hot oil enema's in their fits all specs.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
i had that trans in my 02 330i . i used maxlife in its for 40k miles before i sold it and it worked just fine

My 02 540 had a 5HP-24 and I used ML every 50k-60k miles with filter change and was running strong up till it was totaled at 220k miles. The 5HP-24 was very persnickety about the tranny fluid level being exactly correct. Other than that zero issues and I had the Dinan engine and transmission tune.

For the ZF 5HP19 there are no alternatives but who knows. Specs were written based upon the technology available at the time. See page 4 HERE for most current information from ZF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back