Zerex G-xx and Glysantin G-xx ASTM test results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Extreme-Duty
They say the G-range sold by Zerex in the States is the same as the Glysantin-range known in Europe. If I compare some of the common ASTM test results, I have to...well, question this. How about you?

A quick look at G-05 shows differences within rounding error.

Originally Posted By: Wilhelm_D
They say the G-range sold by Zerex in the States is the same as the Glysantin-range known in Europe. If I compare some of the common ASTM test results, I have to...well, question this. How about you?

A quick look at G-05 shows differences within rounding error.

True about most metals in the ASTM D1384 and D2570, except for the 0.3 vs. 3 mg gain of D1384 steel, as well as the loss vs gain of D2570 aluminum. Not to mention the situation in the D4340 Test.

But yeah, G48 and G30 respectively exhibit much bigger variations.

True about most metals in the ASTM D1384 and D2570, except for the 0.3 vs. 3 mg gain of D1384 steel, as well as the loss vs gain of D2570 aluminum. Not to mention the situation in the D4340 Test.

But yeah, G48 and G30 respectively exhibit much bigger variations.

The variations I am seeing are no more than I would expect from sample-to-sample variation.

Generally these days you really don't see much in the way of differences between types of coolant on the standardized tests.

Where the differences show up is in use in vehicles, where things such as plasticizers in the coolant, low coolant levels in the vehicle, and so on play out differently depending on the chemistry.

G-05 and G-48 are pretty much interchangeable - the G-05 has nitrite in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back