Zealco pressure washer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Zealco hot pressure washer I grabbed from one of our terminals today. Trying to find if any parts are still available for it. It looks like the company no longer exists. I have the manual for with a parts list and a bill of sale that has the companies name and address on it. The phone number is disconnected and nothing shows up on the web other than it used to be a company and a few units on auction sites. No one know how long it has been since it was ran but it had a Douglas brand battery on it and the manual says they bought a battery in 99. The unit was new in 98.

I put a new battery on it and the blower on the heater runs so that is a good sign. It has an electric start Honda gx390 on it with electric start. I got gas to the carb but might have to tear it apart to unplug it.

If all else fails and the heater is shot I still have a good sized cold water unit if the pump is still good.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Got it running at half choke after I cleaned the junk out of the bowl. Put some gum out seafoam look alike with pea in it. Probably won't work but you never know.

There is a pipe nipple off the bottom of the heater that the hose connects to that rusted and froze. Tried taking it off and it broke in a place that is hard to access. Looks like the whole heater has to come off to get it out.
[Linked Image]

Update. Got it running after throwing the carb in dip overnight and fixed the busted pipe. Broke the thermostat bulb in the process due to it getting tangled up in the broken pipe but plugged it off to see if it ran. It built pressure and tripped the relief but didn't seam to pump much. Burner fired when I tried it. Ordered a thermostat, carb gaskets and air cleaner parts. Got it all together and tried it. It would pump water and build up pressure when you released the trigger but did move much water with a nozzle in it. Pulled apart the pump and the ceramic pistons were cracked. It was cheaper to buy the exact same pump than it was to rebuild the old one so I got a new one for it. Got it all put back together and it runs like a champ. The rotary nozzle I use in my 3100psi 2.7 gpm unit is big enough to handle this bigger pump but you can tell a huge difference even though the pressure is actually about the same. I adjusted the valves on the motor and changed the oil and am ready to clear up some pipelines.

I don't know if I care for the float tank on the thing. My hose at home won't keep up if you run it constantly.

Then I dumped the whole thing out of the back of my trailer onto the ground putting everything away.
cry.gif
Hopefully the burner still works....it doesn't look like anything it damaged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back