Zddp good or bad for new direct injection petrol ?

Hello, I don't know much about oils ,

I want to ask if engine oils such as redline that have more amount of zddp can accelerate/ cause the sludge/ash built on the engine's vavles? My car is a euro IV engine, 2012 year with low milage, 1.6 turbo.

Too high zddp content in the oil can cause damage due to ash in the catalytic converters in newer cars. If the Redline oil is approved for your car then it's okay to use it. Check the redline website for approvals.

The extra ester content in Redline should even reduce the carbon buildup on the valve stems. Both from reconditioning the valve stem seals as from not allowing the zddp and pao to come in direct contact with the valves.

Forgot to mention my engine is a direct injection engine, redline has a PSA approved but it's not the latest PSA approved.
So zddp is not harmful can not cause accelerated carbon built on valves?

I want to ask if engine oils such as redline that have more amount of zddp can accelerate/ cause the sludge/ash built on the engine's vavles? My car is a euro IV engine, 2012 year with low milage, 1.6 turbo.

Yes, but by how much depends on the individual engine.

If it doesn't consume oil then there's nothing to worry about catalytic converter wise, if you're consuming a quart every 1k then yes, low zddp/saps is a good idea. GDI engines are prone to carboning up on the intake, they need regular cleanings. Several products are available for this, CRC IVD cleaner, Seafoam spray etc.

The problem with dirty valves comes from the PCV system flowing oil vapor over the valves. Look into a oil catch can if you are worried about build up on your valves. This will happen with any oil brand.

OP, what exact 1.6 Turbo DI engine? PSA EP6?

If concened about IVD a DI you want an oil with lowest possible evaporative loss and that commonly translates to low Noack and high flashpoint. Well established approvals like MB 229.51, BMW LL-04, VW 504 00 & 511 00 and Porsche C30 & C40 are reflecting that.

Dozens of discussions on that.

LSPI in TDI engines? How's that? TSI engines?

Which viscosity Red Line Oil are you using?

Red Line Oil is a fully formulated oil, and their additive package is well balanced. Yes, you can use it, it's great oil.

OP, what exact 1.6 Turbo DI engine? PSA EP6?

If concened about IVD a DI you want an oil with lowest possible evaporative loss and that commonly translates to low Noack and high flashpoint. Well established approvals like MB 229.51, BMW LL-04, VW 504 00 & 511 00 and Porsche C30 & C40 are reflecting that.

Dozens of discussions on that.

LSPI in TDI engines? How's that? TSI engines?
Yes it's PSA EP6 engine Citroen DS3 1.6thp, 155bhp, Citroen recommends low sap oil to reduce carbon built and fuel economy, however I tuned my car to 233bhp and fuel economy is not my main concern, I want an oil with the best protection that's why I was looking at miller 5w40 CFS competition, redline motor oil 5w40. The problem with mid/full saps although they are very good for performance engines they have for ash/phosphorus amount and they built faster carbon on vavles .

I was looking at 5w40 with ester and extra zddp , although I don't know if this is a full or mid saps
It's a full SAPS oil. If you're going that route, I would go with Red Line 5W-30 as it's about the right viscosity. Their 5W-40 is about as thick as 15W-40 HDEO motor oil.

Back