Z-Max Hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally don't go for products such as this, and this is definetly the case with Z-max. I was curious if anyone knew the inside story on Z-max? I heard at one time it was just mineral oil in a bottle and the Gov't sued them a while back over it
pat.gif

Has anyone run any tests on this product?

I spend enough on analysis with legitimate oil and to waste it on SNAKE OIL goes against my grain!

However, as you suggested it give it a shot.

LoL you couldnt pay me to inject my car with that stuff. There's noway I'd do that! I'd run... I'd run Pennzoil (sorry dragboat) before I'd do something like that!

I was just curious if anyone had done tests or seen real tests on it - since it looks so fake I'd be interested in how badly it messed someone's engine up
grin.gif

Dominic,

As you have probably already read from FTC regarding the lawsuit against ZMax, the product is a scam. Do we really need to blow an engine just to confirm what FTC says about the product?

Regards,

Oz

Dominic,
I do not use Pennzoil in Racing engines but know some one who does. Louis Boyd Racing engines here in my home town builds and maintains the World fastest 30,000 lb boat that runs over 180 mph with it's 4 Chevy engines .I forget the Race Class but you can learn more about this boat by searching Big Thunder Marine,Lake of the Ozarks if intrested. That's not my kind of racing though,the boat is about 29,650 lbs heavier than the ones I play with
smile.gif

What oil do you use now and in the recent past out of curiosity?

And incase you are wondering,I do not have a Pennzoil Tatoo
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
Dominic,
I do not use Pennzoil in Racing engines but know some one who does. Louis Boyd Racing engines here in my home town builds and maintains the World fastest 30,000 lb boat that runs over 180 mph with it's 4 Chevy engines .I forget the Race Class but you can learn more about this boat by searching Big Thunder Marine,Lake of the Ozarks if intrested. That's not my kind of racing though,the boat is about 29,650 lbs heavier than the ones I play with
smile.gif

What oil do you use now and in the recent past out of curiosity?

And incase you are wondering,I do not have a Pennzoil Tatoo
wink.gif

World's fastest 15 Ton Boat - geez. Thats really impressive, I'd love to get a ride on one
grin.gif
He runs OTC Pennzoil in it?

I know of a few people who run pennzoil successfully, but in the past I've never had much luck with it. In the early 90's we tried it after finding Castrol was varnishing the inside of the engines badly, and QuakerState simply disappeared mysteriously out of the crankcase... 3,000 miles and we'd be 2-3qts low!

We tried Pennzoil and ran it in our new Chevy 350 Silverado, 10W-30 (I forget what spec it was, it was a 1990 model). After 40,000 miles of running it and towing a 3,000lb skiboat/trailer (really nice Supra Combrio inboard with a 351 Ford built by pleasure craft marine in it
grin.gif
) the poor chevy 350 began blowing blue smoke when cold. We suspected it was the oil that caused the valve guide seals to go.

Upon simply rubbing the pennzoil between my fingers (the older stuff) it almost felt gritty. Castrol was tacky, almost like a glue, and seemed to stick between my fingers. We eventually went to Valvoline and haven't looked back sense.

I changed to Mobil-1 for a while in my previous firebird thinking it was better than the Valvoline (to be specific Durablend). Well after a good 20,000 miles of running the Mobil1 I started to wonder why my valves always chattered when the car was cold. I never suspected the oil. Sadly the car was totalled and I ended up getting a new Camaro V6 to replace it
grin.gif

In this new Camaro I again ran Mobil1, and noticed that this NEW vehicle had chattering valves as well with the M1. After that I changed to Maxlife (since Patman did, figured I'd give it a shot), and its been some of the best oil I've ever ran. The engine runs nearly silent, the oil stays clean, its cheap at $1.90/qt or less, and many believe its better than the Durablend.

So, the previous pennzoil IMO was not very good oil. However, now that Pennzoil and QS are both one company, I am not sure if its what it was or not. I would assume QS improved the Pennzoil product quite a bit and now it doesn't *harm* anything in the engine.

Mechanics who know - use valvoline?
cheers.gif

He uses otc Pennzoil Racing oil,I think,well I know there are better oils than that for racing.I don't and won't use it for that purpose. They scatter a few motors as well,not blaming the oil just fact,they scatter motors from time to time

The "mechanics that know" have not seen that virgin Valvoline 5/30 test have they?
grin.gif

LoL well with Maxlife and Durablend being so inexpensive to begin with I don't see any point in running straight conventional - not even in my lawnmower
grin.gif

Since I have a good surplus of Maxlife - I'll send in a virgin sample and my used "I just crossed the country on this oil" maxlife and get a good analysis of how my new car is doing
smile.gif

Who knows, maybe I'll learn something!
twak.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back