You're Not Allowed To Work On Your Own Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Independent of the usual "Kalifornia" thing, I wonder how many counties in the U.S. have similar ordinances. As mentioned in the article, Sac County isn't exactly alone in an ordinance of this type...and rather than lamenting the "sudden loss of freedom" for an ordinance that's been on the books for years someplace, I'd like to see how common this is and how many people are actually cited every year in those locations.

If city and County personnel's idea of zero tolerance toward fireworks that are illegal means they don't actually do anything, then I wonder how often people whose brain synapse actually fires get fined for extended work on a vehicle in an enclosed garage.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Re: You're Not Allowed To Work On Your Own Vehicle

I was not allowed to step-foot on a government-run municipal School Bus to assist and tool around handicapped kids in a donated, "free of charge" manner, unless I agreed to be employed there and draw a paycheck first. Even if I already had all the certifications for assisting these kids medically - even if I already had all the certs, licenses and diplomas to drive that big bus.

Our government works & operates in mysterious ways. I had to be paid every two weeks, or else not allowed to literally take one step onto that nearest bus' side door and set of steps.

In agreeing to their terms and in doing so, I found a great benefit. That place has fantastic health insurance. Their Network plan costs me $100 every two weeks (for 2), but it's super-duper primo stuff. We dropped our mid-level Blue Care Network Plan my wife had at her massive furniture company immediately.

Muchos Gracias Mr. Trump.

Last edited:
I don't understand the concept of an hoa when there are city codes that are strictly enforced. Why do people want to be a society of loyal plastic robots?

Every time I pull a wrench on this car the cops line up after me...
Truth be told, this shot is from WA; the coppers chased me right outta CA!

68 Plain Jane side.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Every time I pull a wrench on this car the cops line up after me...

SWEET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back