Your thoughts on Valvoline White Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Between all that wax in Penn and QS lol

Yeah, that paraffin junk.
lol.gif

Have used literally hundreds of gallons of the stuff over 25+ years in many vehicles. Absolutely no reason to doubt its ability to protect.

BUT, it got expensive a few years back. The price differential helped along my conversion to synthetics and I no longer use VWB.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Sewage from a company always trying to be at least third-rate. Have to promote FAR offers for people to use it. Even Wal-Mart is dropping Valvoline.

I wouldn't pour it in your lawn mower.

You asked.

The oil that I have used the most over 40 years has
been Valvoline. Never a problem. I'm using maxlife in
my old Bimmer, Synpower in our 09 Saturn Vue and VWB in
our daughters 05 Pontiac. I don't know what your problem
is but Valvoline makes great products.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Between all that wax in Penn and QS lol

Yeah, that paraffin junk.
lol.gif

High Fe?
wink.gif

Quote:
With the change intervals most here do, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference in performance between any major brand.

01.gif
01.gif
01.gif
01.gif
01.gif

Originally Posted By: strongt
Yeah right.
smirk.gif
The three walmart's next to me have a bigger selection of Valvoline oils then the other brands in shelf space.

Up here, it's pretty much the same. To get to SOPUS or XOM products, you have to wade through the BP and Ashland stuff first.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: DinoOil
I don't understand blind brand loyalty.

There's nothing wrong with brand loyalty, as long as it's not too blind. One just needs to realize that loyalty to one brand doesn't mean it's the absolute best, nor does it mean other brands are garbage. My loyalty to SOPUS products, while not complete and blind, is because of good results, good availability, and good pricing for what I want. If I were using synthetic or a HM product, my brand choice might be different.

Originally Posted By: 3311
It's a premium dino to be sure. Looks like weak sauce but doen't perform like it. I wonder what they us that dosen't show up on voa/uoa's?

My guess is that they use a good base oil and nothing special in their add pack. Just because it doesn't have moly or titanium like other dino oils (SOPUS and Mobil respectively) does not mean it will not perform well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2KBMW
Sewage from a company always trying to be at least third-rate. Have to promote FAR offers for people to use it. Even Wal-Mart is dropping Valvoline.

You asked.

His problem is that he had a transmission failure that would have likely happened no matter what brand fluid he was using, he just happened to be using Valvoline. He expects Ashland to buy him a new transmission when it's not their fault that his transmission failed.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2860520&page=1

Prove it was not the fault of the fluid that caused the transmission failure.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: 2KBMW

You asked.

His problem is that he had a transmission failure that would have likely happened no matter what brand fluid he was using, he just happened to be using Valvoline. He expects Ashland to buy him a new transmission when it's not their fault that his transmission failed.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2860520&page=1

I like Valvoline but I might switch to Redline...........

I think I put Maxlife in every car I have had....... As well as other oils. But Maxlife always did good, maybe certain specific oils were better but Maxlife is my go-to before I find that...

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

I think I put Maxlife in every car I have had....... As well as other oils. But Maxlife always did good, maybe certain specific oils were better but Maxlife is my go-to before I find that...

Maybe you shouldn't, and save the extra money to fix your car.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

Maybe you shouldn't, and save the extra money to fix your car.
wink.gif

Dang, well done.

I don't think much about VWB at all because I never use it. I use VPB 15w-40, grease, and their gear oils, but never regular motor oil. I'd say mainly due to pricing, as even their sales cost more than others' regular prices.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: fauxchemist
Good oil but overpriced.

Accurate description.

You definitely pay the extra for the huge marketing campaign they have.

For as much free Next Gen that I got, I say they can charge all they want!

Its the time of year. What about ALL the single quarts of House brand oil(NAPA, AutoXtras, Auto+, etc) that are made and packaged by Ashland/Valvoline oil, that keep millions of vehicles going one top-off quart at a time? Vehicles with 26,789 OCIs that are running 1, or 2, or 3 quarts low for weeks, months on end, that then see a bit of light when they are topped-off with Ashland House brand oil, and keep on going until the next top-off of Ashland/Valvoline oil. Sometimes at work, when marking out where a Shower/Tub Shower is going to be, I write VALVEoline on the bottom plate in big to slight decreasing size of letters, showing where the Valve is going to be(Right hand or Left hand, or both, or centered or offset). Many a work truck has led this life.

Last edited:
Prove it was not the fault of the fluid that caused the transmission failure.

I read the transmission failure thread, and not to
28.gif

While the transmission failed with Valvoline ATF in it, there is no evidence that the trans would NOT have failed with some other ATF being used in the same procedure. But I can understand your emotions on this and under the same circumstances I can't say I would feel any different.

But I stand by Valvoline as a motor oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back