Your Stuff

I’m not a hoarder, so not really.

But if I leave the garage open I often have someone knocking on the door asking to buy my 96’ Jeep Cherokee.

I had a neighbor who had a really nice 2001 last summer. I was so tempted to offer him $6000 for it with how good of shape it was in. Saw a for sale sign on it on my way to work one morning for $5k and it was gone by the time I got home :(

May I reverse this scenario? I'll be brief.

I have a friend who knows and helps a lot of people. They give him stuff. They die and the families give him stuff.
He has ~50 fishing poles he doesn't use ever. They are actually moldy in his damp basement.

I met a guy who mentioned wanting to take his little son fishing but he had no gear. I (separately and quietly) asked my friend if he'd like to sell a couple of rods to this guy. I got hit with, "I'm giving them to my boys". Fair enough....but I know him well.

I had suggested YEARS BEFORE we take his true jumble of rods outside into the Sun, wipe 'em down and list them.
I know for a fact he doesn't even know what he has.

The irony is that he's always grousing loudly about lack of money.

I tried.

May I reverse this scenario? I'll be brief.

I have a friend who knows and helps a lot of people. They give him stuff. They die and the families give him stuff.
He has ~50 fishing poles he doesn't use ever. They are actually moldy in his damp basement.

I met a guy who mentioned wanting to take his little son fishing but he had no gear. I (separately and quietly) asked my friend if he'd like to sell a couple of rods to this guy. I got hit with, "I'm giving them to my boys". Fair enough....but I know him well.

I had suggested YEARS BEFORE we take his true jumble of rods outside into the Sun, wipe 'em down and list them.
I know for a fact he doesn't even know what he has.

The irony is that he's always grousing loudly about lack of money.

I tried.
That is different. I agree with you on that. I would give those away.
I give until it hurts.
I think that is the problem. They try to stretch your limits of giving.

I have a 30 acre lot I let people hunt on. They don't even pick up trash or branches or anything. If I got a free ride I would reciprocate and that place would be well maintained.

I am surrounded my takers not givers. I have little time for takers.

My family has this problem a lot. People see my beetle from a few roads over and always come over. Last guy got asked to immediately leave the property after offering me $700 total for the beetle and both my trucks. I would not let my beetle go for one million dollars because it’s worth more to me than that so are all of my vehicles. We may have 8 cars and a ton of junk but I wouldn’t want it any other way I love having stuff. Like my tools I’d never let any of those go. I hate the way the house looks on the outside but it’s not the worst I’ve seen. Yes I am a horder Jim I admit it 🤣. It’s like I have over 1000 sockets I’ve accumulated but I’m not letting them go no matter how many of that one size I have. I get attached to things very easily.

Now if it is trash or something yes I’ll get rid of it. Like I found a bunch of old newspapers in our basement and the temptations to keep them were high but I asked my dad and he said throw them out before we get attached so that’s what I did. One thing I also am bad about keeping is old car parts I just get attached because I feel if anything would ever happen to the car I would have memories of it from the parts. Then people tell me to get rid of it and I get upset saying I’m attached to it and not ready to get rid of it.

My family has this problem a lot. People see my beetle from a few roads over and always come over. Last guy got asked to immediately leave the property after offering me $700 total for the beetle and both my trucks. I would not let my beetle go for one million dollars because it’s worth more to me than that so are all of my vehicles. We may have 8 cars and a ton of junk but I wouldn’t want it any other way I love having stuff. Like my tools I’d never let any of those go. I hate the way the house looks on the outside but it’s not the worst I’ve seen. Yes I am a horder Jim I admit it 🤣. It’s like I have over 1000 sockets I’ve accumulated but I’m not letting them go no matter how many of that one size I have. I get attached to things very easily.

Now if it is trash or something yes I’ll get rid of it. Like I found a bunch of old newspapers in our basement and the temptations to keep them were high but I asked my dad and he said throw them out before we get attached so that’s what I did. One thing I also am bad about keeping is old car parts I just get attached because I feel if anything would ever happen to the car I would have memories of it from the parts. Then people tell me to get rid of it and I get upset saying I’m attached to it and not ready to get rid of it.
I figured the bottom feeders would come after your cars.
I have no issues with hoarders.
It's their stuff....

People need to mind their own business.

Everything I have is for sale, for the right price. I have a neighbor that keeps saying he wants to buy my 2008 3/4 ton Ram diesel truck. I just tell him he can't afford it and walk away.

No my house and they all wanted me to hold the mortgage....
So now you are a banker?

Will you take 1,000,001.00 for the Beetle.? Asking for a friend.

Back