Your Stuff

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Have you ever known someone who has stuff that they collect or just own for various reasons but are constantly hounded by strangers to sell their stuff? ( long sentence huh)

I have seen this since I was a kid.
Now on various levels it is happening to me. I am constantly hassled to sell items I own and the prospective buyers hassle me that I am not using it and I need to do this or that with it.

I have recently told off several people and told them not to come back. I even have family doing it.

One poor guy has a Jeep parked in his yard and actually had to put a sign on it " Not For Sale"

I was told tonight I need to sell a lot I have as I am not using it and it is just sitting there. I told them they need to mind their own business.

Does this ever happen to you?
Are you at the point you are getting hostile over it?

As a kid I remember people saying I'm going to talk that old man out of his collector cars etc. To me these people are vultures and scavengers aka bottom feeders.

How have you handled these pests?
I think many believe the squeaky wheel gets greased... Not!

For some weird reason I'm wondering how @OVERKILL. would deal with this 😳😳😳

Have you ever known someone who has stuff that they collect or just own for various reasons but are constantly hounded by strangers to sell their stuff? ( long sentence huh)

Now on various levels it is happening to me. I am constantly hassled to sell items I own and the prospective buyers hassle me that I am not using it and I need to do this or that with it.

I have recently told off several people and told them not to come back. I even have family doing it.

One poor guy has a Jeep parked in his yard and actually had to put a sign on it " Not For Sale"

I was told tonight I need to sell a lot I have as I am not using it and it is just sitting there. I told them they need to mind their own business.

As a kid I remember people saying I'm going to talk that old man out of his collector cars etc. To me these people are vultures and scavengers aka bottom feeders.

AM probably doesn't have this problem.

Luckily, I've not had to deal with it. My grandfather, who collected boats and snowmobiles did though, and yeah, he very much was the type to tell them to sod off.

Luckily, I've not had to deal with it. My grandfather, who collected boats and snowmobiles did though, and yeah, he very much was the type to tell them to sod off.
I knew you knew....

I had this asphalt contractor hound me to death until I told him to leave me the .... alone. So he sends his brother then son and last week his cousin... Seriously..

What good stuff do you have for sale? :LOL:
rocky-and-bullwinkle-bullwinkle.gif

I knew you knew....

I had this asphalt contractor hound me to death until I told him to leave me the .... alone. So he sends his brother then son and last week his cousin... Seriously..

Don't know what they are interested in, but it ought to be really secured. But you'll know where to start looking if it disappears! :sneaky:

Don't know what they are interested in, but it ought to be really secured. But you'll know where to start looking if it disappears! :sneaky:
As you know it could be anything but currently it is a vacant lot I have and the other
is a house. Endless torture. Even my family is hassling me.
My response is of the 1000's of properties in our county why are all of you targeting my stuff.
We know why???

Man I'll sell just about anything I have for the right price. Not super attached to any of it.
^ This! I WISH someone would come along and make me an offer on a lot of my stuff. No emotional attachment here for 99% of the stuff I’ve acquired over the last few decades. I need to have a garage sale….maybe in the spring.

Yes, I have people who make inquiries about various items. If I don't want to sell, and the first 'NO' isn't enough. I can and will get more blunt in my refusal.

There was a vehicle which nearly every time I drove it, some random stranger would ask if it was for sale. I'd always say no. Until one day someone said 'name your price'. I stated a price which was ridiculous, but any lesser amount just wouldn't have been enough to convince me to sell. They agreed, and that was enough to get me to sell after 22+ years of ownership.

Back