Your primary payment method will be used to pre-populate payment options. Translate to laymans terms please

My company switched administrators for my health insurance in retirement. What does "Your primary payment method will be used to pre-populate payment options." in layman's terms. Does this mean going forward they would use primary as first choice to pay bills going forward?

Sounds to me like they'll hold onto your check ACH data and do auto withdrawls. Whatever it is, it isn't necessarily good, or they'd make it easy to understand.

I would communicate with the insurance company and let them explain to you the new changes. Don't be embarrass to ask questions because I would if it was me. I also recommend and prefer an email communication, that way you have a record.

My company switched administrators for my health insurance in retirement. What does "Your primary payment method will be used to pre-populate payment options." in layman's terms. Does this mean going forward they would use primary as first choice to pay bills going forward?

Your primary payment method information, whether it be bank account, debit, or credit card, will be saved when you pay. The next time you go to pay, they'll already have your information ready to go so you can allow the payment. The main term, "used to pre-populate payment options," to me means they will not automatically withdraw money unless you specifically have auto-pay on.

I would definitely email them for an explanation. My understanding though is that they saved your previous payment method and will automatically use that method again unless you specifically tell them to use another payment option.

Back