Your Opinions on a Car for My Wife, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend a hard look at the Accord. You said you wanted something that will fit a baby seat in the back (the Accord will). You said you wanted something that's easy to service (Hondas traditionally are). They're well built, they're made in the United States, and they're very easy to live with.

I will also recommend a small SUV like the CR-V over any sedan, but understand if you prefer sedans. I used to own sedans, but may never own another one. The CR-V drives better than many cars do, offers the same seating room (plus more headroom), and offers much more versatility in the back. As one with two small children myself, the ability to toss strollers and feeding tables and pack-and-plays and other things in the back, along with our own luggage, is something you don't usually have in a sedan.

The small SUV segment is about as competitive as the midsize sedan segment. A number of excellent choices are available to you, including the Chevy Equinox, the Ford Escape, the Honda CR-V, and the Mazda CX-5. Buy one for the utility, and enjoy the sedan-like ride and drive.

As everybody knows, I am a Honda guy. The 2013 Accord looks like a winner but there are two things which would always be in the back of my mind. It has two new technologies, namely CVT and GDI. These have had bad reputation for some of the manufacturer who jumped on the bandwagon earlier. We all are assuming that Honda has implemented them better than the earlier attempts by Nissan/Audi respectively. But we will not know for sure for many more years. Would I take the chance, yes! Would I recommend it to others? I will have to let them make their own judgement.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
As everybody knows, I am a Honda guy. The 2013 Accord looks like a winner but there are two things which would always be in the back of my mind. It has two new technologies, namely CVT and GDI....

Neither is really a new technology. Honda had a CVT in the 1996 Civic HX. Technically Honda had CVTs in 1983 but that was in Aero motorscooters.

Isuzu had GDi in 2004. There are still many Rodeos and a few Axioms running around out there with GDi. Don't know how they get past all the carbon buildup problems.
21.gif
Maybe Isuzu built enough diesels that they could build a gasoline engine that would tolerate deposits. Isuzu is an accomplished diesel builder. There are plenty of NPR trucks with giant 5.2 liter diesel DI 4 cylinders to attest to that.

Isuzu's had 8 injectors...pretty sure.

4 regular & 4 DI that is why they don't have valve problems since they are washed constantly with fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back