Your last oil change would be _____?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a hypothetical question that will guide me in the right direction.
So I am not planning to stop oil changes on my car. However, I plan to go to school, and am eliminating time consuming things from my life. The bikes will not see over 3k mi in the next two years, the Jeep will only has 2K on this oci in the last 2yrs, so oil will be fine there. The RX the wife will take to the dealer (warranty, free oci's, they brake it they fix it). The IS is in my care, and I would rather plan neglect than let some one else touch my car. All other maintenance is up to snuff until 100k or so. I plan on an OCI that may or may not last for 2.5yrs and 20K miles. If it does get to a truly extended OCI, UOA is on me
laugh.gif

The engine is clean enough to eat from. The oil will be synthetic, and I am down to two oils really, RT6 for its' massive Mg dose, TBN retention must be amazing and Edge A3/B4 for it has plenty approvals (+3 on M1).
One other thing that stood out is the Motul 8100 X-cess 5w-40. People had good OCI lengths with TBN to spare.

I can get Redline and AMSoil with Pentosin and so on as easily as PYB,

As much as I value good info, let's keep this as a vote(brand/model/weight). Simply to keep it on topic.

What would your "last" oil change be?

Malibu - 4-3/4qts of Pennzoil Platinum (6.5k OCI)

Colorado P/U - 4qts Meijer synthetic and 2qts Chevron conventional (5k OCI)

Last edited:
If I had less time to change oil, I'd go with a synthetic and change it less frequently.

With that said, I remember being really busy in college but still changed my oil. The reason was it gave me something else to do every once in awhile, a change of pace to take me away from my studies and homework for a half hour or so.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
If I had less time to change oil, I'd go with a synthetic and change it less frequently.

With that said, I remember being really busy in college but still changed my oil. The reason was it gave me something else to do every once in awhile, a change of pace to take me away from my studies and homework for a half hour or so.

And hopefully that will be my case as well. The kids and wife demand attention though, and the cat can entertain the dog only for so long, life really gets in the way sometimes.

I have 7 cars in storage + 3 spare engines. The engines were drained when pulled, 2 have whatever was in them when I towed them home. 1 has it's last OC, Peak 10w-30, 3 have Rotella T-III 15w-40, fresh fill, 1 has Rotella T-6 . To put a car into storage, or for low interment use, rotella T-III is a good option, IMHO.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
the one I do right before I die...

Thanks for the help, so blowing my brains out is your vote, correct?

If I really wanted to try for a 20K OCI, then a Euro A3/B4 would be my choice since that's what's used for these OCIs in the old country.
Another possibility would be a HDEO. These oils run for astronomical OCIs in heavy trucks, but those engines also have enormous sumps and often enhanced oil filtration.
Another solution might be to schedule the half an hour or so that it would take to do an oil change once a year.

Id go with M1 EP 5W-30 with a Donaldson P169071 filter.

I would underfill it slightly, then top it off halfway through @ 10k.

There was a poster here with the same engine as mine who did this so there is precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back