Your insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
USAA for almost 25 years. I joined in August or September 1985, IIRC, so my 25 year mark is coming up.

I have over $3500 in my subscriber savings account. So should I ever leave USAA, I'd get a pretty large check!

My insurance is pretty pricey right now, about $3500/year. But that's four cars and two teens (ouch)

Adding the teens tripled it. I was paying about $1000-$1200/year.

I have AAA and Hagerty. I haven't filed a claim with either so I don't know how good they are. I know everyone shops insurance policies by price but I wish there was a way to shop by value. I really don't know if these are a good value and don't want to find out the hard way.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Ameriprise Insurance through Costco for the past 8+ years. They were several hundred dollars less than the AAA and Farmers insurance I had before.

+2 On Ameriprise through Costco.

Last edited:
Amica on the house. They aren't frightened off by my wood stoves. Only issue is at renewal their computer burps and thinks my house is worth 2x what it would cost to rebuild. After all, "you can't hurt the dirt" and my lot is worth something.

Progressive on cars and bike. The $75/year seperate bike policy gives the auto insurance a multi-policy discount, total win. A few months back "Flo" on tv reminded me to check my discounts and found owning my home got me an extra % or two, I just had to tell them so online.

Erie Insurance for homeowners, cars and life. Erie will not insure a home in a high risk area so rates are low. Local agent and service was excellent for the 2 claims that I have had.

Norfolk Mututal on the house (local group), couldn't beat the price; and Progressive on the car/van.

American Family wanted my firstborn for homeowners..and wouldn't let me choose the policy coverages.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Used to be with GMAC, but now we're with Geico. Great rates.

Heard from people [after a hurricane] you are in for a big surprise when you put in for a claim.

I would NEVER give my money to GEICO.

They actually donate radar guns to law enforcement agencies. This helps them to raise rates!

We have been with State Farm for decades. No one even gets close to their rates and their claims service is top notch.

I'm with state farm. I don't like the rates much, but they're great for claims, customer service, and I've never been reamed by them.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I would NEVER give my money to GEICO.

They actually donate radar guns to law enforcement agencies. This helps them to raise rates!

We have been with State Farm for decades. No one even gets close to their rates and their claims service is top notch.

I agree and am also with SF. Gieco has been donating radar guns since the early 1980's when Car and Driver magazine exposed their little scheme.

Erie insurance on 2 daily drivers and home. 30 years without a problem.

For collector cars, I use Hagerty. They have AGREED value policies. Regular policies from the State Farms of the world only offer stated value or book value. There is a difference! Check it out.

Originally Posted By: glen242

For collector cars, I use Hagerty. They have AGREED value policies. Regular policies from the State Farms of the world only offer stated value or book value. There is a difference! Check it out.

I have an agreed value policy too. But I wonder if they make a bigger fuss when you file a substantial claim because their payout is potentially larger. Or maybe they will be more reluctant to total the car.

Originally Posted By: tonycarguy
Originally Posted By: glen242

I have an agreed value policy too. But I wonder if they make a bigger fuss when you file a substantial claim because their payout is potentially larger. Or maybe they will be more reluctant to total the car.

Most collector car people do not want their collector cars totaled. They want them restored to the condition as before the accident.

What kind of fuss can they make? If the car is really totaled, they must pay the agreed value. If your agreed value is $15000 and the repair estimates are a maximum of $14000, then, I believe, you have the right to have the car repaired at the shop of your choice. If the repair estimates are over the $15000 agreed value, they have the right to total your car and give you the $15000 agreed value.

You encounter fuss when you have a stated or book value policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back