Your favorite YT show or channel? (no repair DIY channels please)

Mine is literally every playlist by Expedition Overland channel on YT. Sometimes I watch them as they come out, other times I let the series finish, and then binge watch the whole playlist. Here is the latest one. Clay just absolutely knocks it out of the park with production quality and story telling. Fun fact: these overloaded Toyotas still hum along on 0W20...

Benjamin Rich, better known by his YouTube channel name Bald and Bankrupt, is an English travel vlogger and author. As of January 2022, his channel has 3.3 million subscribers and over 461 million views.

The defining characteristic of Rich's channel is his interest in the post-Soviet states. However, he first started vlogging from India after filing for bankruptcy in the UK due to a failed business venture, which (alongside his shaved head) inspired the name of his channel. Ever since he ventured into Eastern Europe, the attention to his videos has increased.

In March 2019, Hindustan Times reported on how he exposed scams against tourists in Delhi Airport, from inflated prices to rickshaw drivers and false claims. In June 2019, Rich was discussed in the Slovak press for his visit to Luník IX, which he described as "Europe's largest poor Roma neighbourhood". The article described how, despite warnings about the estate being among the most dangerous in Europe, he was welcomed by local people who spoke fluent English and invited him to their surprisingly modern and clean homes, which he described as "better than [his] apartment in Britain". Swedish YouTube personality PewDiePie stated in a July 2019 episode of the YouTube podcast series Cold Ones that Bald and Bankrupt is his favourite YouTube channel.

Afisha Daily journalist Lyubava Zaitseva wrote about Rich's choice of Russian destinations in September 2019, stating that even its Russian readers had "not seen such Russia" and praising him for "trying to distance himself from tourist places" and showing cities "from the inside, communicating with local residents". In November 2019, Russia Beyond named Rich's channel in its list of six YouTube vlogs "where foreigners show you real Russia". It noted his "openness to local people and unpredictability".

Last edited:
The Flight Channel.

I‘m not a pilot, but I find the presentation and computer re-creation of accidents and sometimes recovery of aircraft fascinating.

The closest I got to working in the field was in 1989; the FAA was good to hire me for Air Traffic Controller, with training to begin in Oklahoma City after my physical. I failed out on eyesight (that nowadays is near perfect due to laser surgery).

I enjoy watching vicegripgarage. His Red Green dialog is hilarious. But I love watching him buy a vehicle that's been sitting in a field for 20 years and driving it home. He did a cadillac in 2020 and ended up driving it all over the country with his family!

I also like watching Andrew Camarata, Diesel Creek - neat content there. Though Andrew Camarata is more just showing off new equipment and not doing the neat stuff he was before.

I enjoy a lot of content from TFL , though their vendetta against Subaru is rather childish.

Project Binky

I'm pretty sure the entire automotive internet knows what Project Binky is but here it goes:

Original Austin Mini being re-powered by a Toyota Celica GT-Four engine, transmission, and AWD drivetrain.

37 episodes, each about 20-40 minutes long, started in 2013 and containing the most fantastic practical fabrication and problem solving on YouTube, all done in a British farm shop.

Precision Transmissions

Video after video of a veteran Texas transmission rebuilder disassembling failed transmissions and dispensing wisdom about the transmission, why it failed, and how to keep it from failing again.

Possibly the most unexcitable guy on YouTube. The closest I've ever heard him to cussing is a "dag-gum".

Project Binky

I'm pretty sure the entire automotive internet knows what Project Binky is but here it goes:

Original Austin Mini being re-powered by a Toyota Celica GT-Four engine, transmission, and AWD drivetrain.

37 episodes, each about 20-40 minutes long, started in 2013 and containing the most fantastic practical fabrication and problem solving on YouTube, all done in a British farm shop.

Precision Transmissions

Video after video of a veteran Texas transmission rebuilder disassembling failed transmissions and dispensing wisdom about the transmission, why it failed, and how to keep it from failing again.

Possibly the most unexcitable guy on YouTube. The closest I've ever heard him to cussing is a "dag-gum".

I'm gonna ask my grandkids to bring a picture of finished Project Binky to my tombstone. Doubt Bad Obsession Motorsports will finish it in my lifetime. I'm turning 29 this year.

Hoovie's Garage is up there, although I'm not sure it would have the same appeal if one were to pick it up from the most recent episodes. The channel started off being about low-dollar hoopties, and has progressed into supercars. It's a bit harder to buy into the "repairs on this car I just bought are going to cost HOW much??!?" schtick when he's also buying (for example) a good-condition Mercedes SLS.

My other favourite is August Hunicke's channel. He's an arborist in Oregon and gets some really great shots of himself and his team doing treework.

I enjoy watching vicegripgarage. His Red Green dialog is hilarious. But I love watching him buy a vehicle that's been sitting in a field for 20 years and driving it home. He did a cadillac in 2020 and ended up driving it all over the country with his family!

I'm a huge VGG fan. I've rewatched many of them. Also seek out their "Vice Grip Lodge" and "Little Grip Garage" videos.

Back