Your Favorite "Eagles" Band Member

To me Frye & Henley were the CEO & Vice President from the start. The guys with the vision who started it all.
They brought in everyone else along the way. They got Bernie , Randy & Felder to join. Bernie left n they wisely
lured Joe Walsh into the fold. Randy went and then Glen recruited Timothy. Smart move.
Henley & Frey had strong personalities yet I do not think they would have become what the Eagles are without their
drive and leadership. Yeah they stepped and stomped on some toes along the way. That is what it takes sometimes.
Yet every member thru The Long Run album were all great members and had a pefect fit and brought just what was
needed for their part at their time. I was a Joe Walsh fan before the Eagles even existed. Too bad the stupid riff
between Henley / Frey and Felder went beyond repair. Been a fan since they began and the History of The Eagles is a
decent, informative documentary. Too bad the makers did the little special "life stories on Henely and Frey" and totally ignored the
others in that regards. It kind of came off egotistial or self centered to me.

Never heard of him.
Before The Eagles: Randy Meisner was a member / bass player / writer and singer in Rick Nelson's Stone Canyon Band.
After that he played in The New Riders of The Purple Sage Band, which led to his meeting Linda Ronstadt and signing on
as part of her back ups - Glenn Frey / Bernie Leadon and Don Henely (essenically - first version of The Eagles) once they got
Randy on board.
Off subject I know:
Kinda similar to how The Band was created. All of the members of The Band were actually Bob Dylans back up players who one day said,
"hey, we are one hell of a band and we do not need a front man when we can do it all ourselves. So The Band was created & since been one
of my all time favorite bunch of Canadian musicians. The double album + video movie called "The Last Waltz" is just awesome.
The Last Waltz was advertised as The Band's "farewell concert appearance", and the concert had The Band joined by more than a dozen special guests, including their previous employers Ronnie Hawkins and Bob Dylan, as well as Paul Butterfield, Bobby Charles, Eric Clapton, Neil Diamond, Dr. John, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Ringo Starr, Muddy Waters, Ronnie Wood, and Neil Young and many more.

Last edited:
Was Dan Fogelberg ever in The Eagles, or am I thinking of someone else?
Don't think so. You may be thinking of J.D. Souther. A musician , writer of many Eagles songs for years with Henley and Frey and a part time actor.
He was offered a place in the Eagles early on and said "there really wasn't enough room for him." He and Frey were a duo act before the
birth of the Eagles.

My favorite was the one Glen Frey had a problem with, Don Felder. Probably because he couldn't play guitar as good as Felder could.
I own a paper back copy of Felder's book. Its sad that grown men (well they were i their 20s) when they fueded & did so much damage to each other.
Yet, still after all these years, they fired Felder and he responded by writing his book of dirty secrets and then they slammed him in the History of the Eagles DvD. Its a shame , guys that age with such a great history who can't work things out. So, now they will never share the stage again. Plus they have lost Frey.

I think the Eagles made some great music but I'm not a fan of the egomaniacs who made it.

In interviews both old and new, Don Henley can usually hide what a huge jackhole he is for the most part. But Glen Frey was almost proud of it, like he needed it. Kinda sad really. And Don Felder knew it.

Back