Your Expectations Of New GF-6 Oils ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Onetor
My expectations are that it meets the spec. I;m not a Chemist nor a Tribologist. Can't give an expectation without education and experience.

There are several intellectuals on this board that can certainly answer the question. But, I would need to read published research (probably non-attribution) with multiple opinions with multiple PHD's.

I would think the engineers who build engines presented expectations to formulators. Hence the specifications.

We shall see....

There are product engineers that will not present "meeting specs' to their boss. That quality oil brand boss wants his engineer to exceed the specs.

It makes the difference between working for Pennzoil (example), or a company that bottles house / store brand-name oils.

33.gif

Oh, brother!!!

Originally Posted by PimTac
Most oils are likely GF6 already. They just can't put the official label on the jugs yet.

Agree. I think GF-6 will look a lot like d1G2.

For SP & GF-6 I would like to see Noack volatility
This one change should force the use of better base stock and an overall better formulated product.

Originally Posted by SR5
This one change should force the use of better base stock and an overall better formulated product.

So true...

Originally Posted by SR5

A very good point SR5 ^^^^^^

Originally Posted by SR5

I seem to recall the reason for DEXOS is from GM's point of view their request for higher performance would be approved by ISLAC but the implementation would take years. So I would not be surprised if ISLAC GF-6 mirrors D1G2 with a few exceptions.

Also GM needs additional revenues not to spend on R&D or design. Maybe GM can keep the interior on its money maker stuck in 2014 for a decade.

I just hope GF-6 uses Dexos1-gen2 as the base lowest standard, or maybe even BMW's or Mercedes' standard as the baseline. That would benefit everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back