Your dream car..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be new or old, with different engines if you want. Use your imagination...

Mine would be a black '34 Ford Coupe with a Kenne Bell supercharged 2012 Boss 302 motor with rough cams and a 6 speed Tremec. Dumped exhaust to shake the earth. WITH THE FENDERS!

It would be a Chip Foose style car.

Old school Mopar with new Mopar underneath.

Something like this: (Colors are not my cup of tea, but you get the idea) I would use an E-body for sure, so either a Challenger or 'Cuda.

11-chip-foose-custom-1970-plymouth-barracuda-terracuda-front-wallpaper.jpg

I've always said either a 70 1/2 Chevelle, Hugger orange with the two white stripes down the middle, or a 1963 split window Corvette.

I will also take an Accord with an obviously tuned-down Indy-series V8 @ 400hp but it better be properly suspensioned and with a stick.

And a weight jacker, and a button to take me down to pit road speed!!!!!

I don't 'dream' about cars, but I'd like to be able to build a fenderless '32, w/ an odd powerplant, like a 4 cam V6 or a subaru flat 4.
I have too many varied interests to settle on one car.

As long as the skys the limit I will take a Duesenberg SSJ (Supercharged Speedster) or a M-B 540K thanks.

If I have to go slumming Ill take a 4.5 Liter Bentley.

I have the low tech and high tech dream car. My low tech dream car would probably be a '66 Chevelle, mostly original but perhaps minor upgradades like disk brakes, radials, and possible other minor but functional upgrades.

My high tech dream car wouldn't necessarly be all that high tech. It could even have manual roll up windows and door looks and no leather. But it would have the finest machined parts and lots of aluminum and alloy metals for a high strength/weight. It's a 2-seater, hard-top, front-mid engine and RWD with an aluminum V8 or 6-cylinder engine FI, variable vale timing but no emission controls. A lot like a new Corvette but maybe more of a GT car. Sort of a cross between a Corvette and a CTS coupe or BMW, but without all the extraneous gadgets. The steering wheel and seats wouldn't need much adjustability because it would be custom fitted.

I want a mid engine AWD car with an all aluminum V12 turbodiesel with titanium connecting rods and crank. It will also have 4 wheel steering. I want the driver seat to be in the center like in the McLaren F1. The transmission would be a dual clutch semi-auto, and there would be a stick and clutch pedal that would simulate a real manual transmission if I felt like shifting myself. The styling would resemble a Lamborghini Countach.

Probably an '81 Z-28. I owned one a few years ago and my first car (bought in ~'93) was an '81 Formula Firebird. Always loved the look. Really enjoyed the handling too. Starting to miss them thinking about it though...

Last edited:
I dream of some old iron, but I don't really want to fix it that much.
To me, a car is to drive, so something from the 'seventies on up is what I'd really like.
A really perfect Benz 123 or 115 would be very nice, or maybe an old BMW 530i.
Then again, 'eighties Benz SLs are very classy, although SLCs are nice too.
How about a lovely BMW 633i coupe?
So many choices, many of which aren't all that expensive or difficult to live with.
A Citroen would be really neat, but probably too much trouble to own and use.
Another venture in Vanagon ownership would be quite hip.
A very useable vehicle that is pretty rare and is fun to drive (slowly).
When I dream of interesting cars, I tend to think of those I could easily afford, and that could be used as summertime daily drivers.
I don't dream of garage queens.
A car is made to drive, and has no better use.

Back when I was a kid,the 66 GTO would have done it for me.Dark blue,black interior,manual trans,hardtop.I still favor the styling of that car (the Chevelle,Cutlass/F85,Skylark was far inferior),however I grew to admire the radical style of the 69 Charger,but I tend to be sensible and understand how wasteful such a large,hungry vehicle is.I now lean toward 80s Chrysler vehicles,and a Daytona Shelby Z would be an excellent grab..for me anyway.

Worse reliability than a typical Brit car, along with the speed of an early Rabbit.
The PRV V-6 is junk, the electrics are horrible and the car itself is not nealy as refined as a real production car.
For the same money, or not much more, you could be driving a 308 GTS, which is at least very pretty, much faster, and has great road manners.
Or were you thinking of the rare time-machine model?

Modern?
Mercedes CL65 AMG with some Brabus work done on it.

Or more rare:
Mercedes CLK GTR
Zonda R
Ferrari 250GTO
F40

For me it would have to be a 1968 Pontiac Firebird coupe. I tried to restore one of these when I was in my 20's but other priorities took over and I had to sell it. I wish I would have kept it and restored it properly. It had a 4.1L inline OHC 6 cylinder with a three speed on the floor. I will have to find one of these someday, but I want to put a 4.3L Chevrolet V6 with a 5 speed in it with some creature comforts.

NZV8-03-1968-Pontiac-Firebird-06.jpg

NZV8-03-1968-Pontiac-Firebird-00.jpg

Probably a Caddy CTS-V wagon with a stick-shift. Wagons are good. Stick-shift wagons are better. Having a super-powerful wagon with a stick-shift would be insane. It might even be affordable once it's 10 years old or so.

Realistically, I'll likely end up with an old Miata sporting some sort of forced induction and bolt-on handling modifications. Likely some would call that a "man card violation" since it's a Miata. I won't care since I'll be too busy driving it to pick up the phone.

I already purchased the closest thing to a daily-driver dream car that I could find. It's a fun to drive car that I enjoy driving, and is easily lived with.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Worse reliability than a typical Brit car, along with the speed of an early Rabbit.
The PRV V-6 is junk, the electrics are horrible and the car itself is not nealy as refined as a real production car.
For the same money, or not much more, you could be driving a 308 GTS, which is at least very pretty, much faster, and has great road manners.
Or were you thinking of the rare time-machine model?

I want it because it looks awesome, and nobody has them. I've always wanted one. I don't care that it isn't fast, and as long as I could find replacement parts, I wouldn't mind having to repair it.

A tri-five (55-56-57) Chevy. I'm not into "fast", but other upgrades would be welcome. A Buick or Olds from the same era would also be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back