Young guys with beards

Status
Not open for further replies.
This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth. Here I am pushing 50 and I'm doing everything I can to look younger. I shave my face every other day in a vain attempt to look as young as possible. Somebody needs to tell these kids that old age will come soon enough; no need to look older if you don't have to.

No I'm serious; this really aggravates me. If these kids could see what they look like in the future when they'll be 45, I'm sure they'd give up the whiskers quick.

Or maybe they will still have the beards at 45, and list a bunch of vehicles in their signature on Bitog..

grin.gif

Be careful here on BITOG about negative raves....it can turn into a debacle for you.
I do agree with you though.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Or maybe they will still have the beards at 45, and list a bunch of vehicles in their signature on Bitog..

grin.gif

LOL the long lists of vehicles in signatures... Come to find out it's their cousins car, parents car, kids car, like really?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: 02SE

grin.gif

LOL the long lists of vehicles in signatures... Come to find out it's their cousins car, parents car, kids car, like really?

I was just commenting on the possible correlation between beards and lists of cars in signatures..

BITOG THREAD

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Old age has nothing to do with beards.

Tell that to the 20 year olds.

"Look at me! I've got whiskers! I'm a man now!"

I am 30 and have had a beard since I was 19. My freshman year of college I was too lazy to shave and just let it grow. I kept it trimmed, but it did make me look older, which was a good thing when I started a professional career later that year and was working with people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s. It helped me and my words be more readily accepted. Someone in their 40s doesn't want to receive professional business consulting from a young whipper snapper. But someone who looks to be in their late 20s to early 30s? Not so bad.

But now I have to keep it; my wife will not let me shave it (she says I look like I'm 13 when I do). I used to keep it trimmed pretty short, but with the current popularity of longer beards, I let it grow out some, but not to Duck Dynasty length, keep it looking decent, and trim it down short every few months.

When my wife was 20 she was asked for her ID to prove she was at least 16 to purchase glue for a model airplane kit she was purchasing as a gift for my little brother. She was furious. Now she's 67 and I think she would love a repeat of that challenge at the cash register. (lol)

Originally Posted By: philobeddoe
I am 46 with a mustache and a beard. I don't concern myself with other men's grooming or style habits.

Always pays to have facial hair...one day you could wake up with Bell's Palsy...the facial hair helps appearing "normal" when in professional type situations

I've tried to explain to the better half that the only redeeming feature of the movie "The Hobbit" is that I plan to treat it as a documentary on men's facial hair.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth. Here I am pushing 50 and I'm doing everything I can to look younger. I shave my face every other day in a vain attempt to look as young as possible. Somebody needs to tell these kids that old age will come soon enough; no need to look older if you don't have to.

Think back - Exactly the same thing was going on when you where in your 20s...

Maybe they feel it just improves their looks. I had bad acne scarring and wore a beard for decades, mostly to cover the scars. A few years ago, I noticed the graying of the beard did not look good, so I took it off. The scars have mellowed. Now I'm just an old guy with a naked face. Relax, life is too short to worry about young guys and their beards.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth.

You really let something that insignificant aggravate you to "no end"? Being upset by something so insignificant is a clear sign of mental or emotional problems, and can lead to other serious problems, both physical and mental. You need to seek treatment for your mental and emotional problems. Soon.

I needed a beard in my twenties to not look 16. I was a resident/field engineer(inspector) for many municipal water and waste waster pipe and treatment projects. I got less grief. Construction folks looked a lot older due to lifestyle and sun exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back