Young guys with beards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually shave my gead once a year, and shave my beard to stubble when it gets longer than an inch.

I have to keep facial hair though.

When I was 24, I got my long hair shaped into something manageable, and I made the mistake to shave against the grain with my safety razor.

I tried to buy two beers with my ID at a local store and was refused.

My entire family goes prematurely gray, some before age 10, some in their teens, no one has made it past 30. I'm approaching the point of no return and the gray is coming in fast.

The baby face looks dumb with silver temples...so the minimum I go is goatee.

I'm not a fan of beards but someone else's choice to have one sure doesn't aggravate me. I wish my life had such few problems that this could be the issue that occupies my time.

I figured you had to be over 70, and suffering from dementia...

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth. Here I am pushing 50 and I'm doing everything I can to look younger. I shave my face every other day in a vain attempt to look as young as possible. Somebody needs to tell these kids that old age will come soon enough; no need to look older if you don't have to.

This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair, running 0w-20 oil in their engines, and trying to hide their youth. Here I am pushing 50 and I'm doing everything I can to look younger. I shave my face every other day in a vain attempt to look as young as possible. Somebody needs to tell these kids that old age will come soon enough; no need to look older if you don't have to.

Fixed it for ya!

Originally Posted By: knerml
This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth. Here I am pushing 50 and I'm doing everything I can to look younger. I shave my face every other day in a vain attempt to look as young as possible. Somebody needs to tell these kids that old age will come soon enough; no need to look older if you don't have to.

Think back - Exactly the same thing was going on when you where in your 20s...

Very true....

[font:Verdana]This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth. Here I am pushing 50 and I'm doing everything I can to look younger.

you sure do come up with some odd thread topics.could be a midlife crisis. maybe you need to get a life, or a dog, or a woman (or a man, depending on your preference) -- who knows. the point is that it is hilarious.
pop figures that you have mental problems. that coming from an old man that rags on people if you watch t.v., lease a car, smoke, buy a car on credit,pay for cable, don't eat a healthy diet -- to name a few.he's always good for a laugh.
who's next -- antique chime in and state that these people are hiding a scar from a tracking device implanted in their chins ?
at any rate, than you, pop and merk for my morning laugh. have a good day.

The only thing that aggravates me about young guys with beards is that they can usually grow better ones than I can. I can do the mustache/goatee thing (really a Van Dyke), but I can't grow a full beard. Dang kids.

So, Merk, how do you feel about men wearing flip-flops?
whistle.gif

I went to a goatee to simplify shaving. I should try a full beard sometime I guess, just to see what I look like.
One of the older guys at work pulls off mutton chops quite well.
Also I find that a full beard can make an older guy almost seem younger somehow?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth.

You really let something that insignificant aggravate you to "no end"? Being upset by something so insignificant is a clear sign of mental or emotional problems, and can lead to other serious problems, both physical and mental. You need to seek treatment for your mental and emotional problems. Soon.

SERIOUSLY, Pop? SERIOUSLY?

I think you need mental health counseling and treatment since YOU took Merks OPINION based comments so hard. After all, this is an "off topic" forum that contains a very wide spectrum of subjects and opinions.

You got problems, dude. You need to seek help -- soon.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
This aggravates me to no end - 20 something year old kids with a face full of hair trying to hide their youth.

You really let something that insignificant aggravate you to "no end"? Being upset by something so insignificant is a clear sign of mental or emotional problems, and can lead to other serious problems, both physical and mental. You need to seek treatment for your mental and emotional problems. Soon.

SERIOUSLY, Pop? SERIOUSLY?

I think you need mental health counseling and treatment since YOU took Merks OPINION based comments so hard. After all, this is an "off topic" forum that contains a very wide spectrum of subjects and opinions.

You got problems, dude. You need to seek help -- soon.

I personally don't care, nor did I take his comments hard. You did manage to get at least one thing right-it's an off topic forum that has a wide range of subjects and opinions. I gave my opinion to the original poster's problem-an opinion which I stand by.

Anyone that allows something so trivial to aggravate them to "no end" indeed has issues. I'm simply pointing them out so the original poster can consider seeking help. Other people's responses don't aggravate me, but it's clear that my response got your knickers tightly wadded. I suggest you sit back, turn your caps lock key off, take a deep breath, and get yourself under control.

Now if you've finished with your paroxysm we can let this thread continue along its previous course.

"Look at me! I've got whiskers! I'm a man now!"

I think this is the reason you see this. I see the same thing around the town I live in. The high school football players all sporting whatever they can grow no matter how horrible it looks. I'm sure my buddies and I were doing the same thing back in the day. I had a pretty light beard by the time I graduated, probably shaving once a week. Had some friends that had heavy beards by 18 and I remember wishing I could grow one like that. They could wear side burns or a goat, made them look older of course. My beard didn't really fill in until I was like 25. Now I can wear facial hair but most of the time I stay clean shaven. Why? Makes me look younger! Letting it grow out for more than 2 days you can see the graying areas.

We spend our youth trying to speed up time and be older only to find later we are trying to stop the clock.

I always liked to keep a very tightly trimmed VanDyke In the summer. In the winter I like to Codfish on the great North Atlantic Ocean so I grew a full one from Thanksgiving theough St. Pattys day. Since a full beard now makes me look like Santa Claus. I just keep the VanDyke and wear a balaclava fishing.

i say it's an outgrowth of the cost of "mainstream" razors.(the kind you see advertised all the time, with the latest and greatest design gimmick of the week)
$30+/mo for razors? no thank you.
soo glad i signed up for Dollar shave Club, $3/mo.(twin blade)

You have to remember, many people are prone to exxageration and are also attached to idiomatic expressions. I am sure that is the case much more than the whole mental health requirement thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back