You want a burger, you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I refuse to eat plain ground meat on a bun, call me funny if you will, I put a "meatloaf"* patty on the roll. You'll need a two hands for that thing.
tongue.gif
usually I also throw thin slices of Swiss (Emmental) cheese on the burger. I didn't because the cheese would have obscured my burgers clean look.

* ground pork loin, chopped onion, chopped carrot, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, spices

DSCF2949_s.jpg

Well, it's a medium hot (contains paprika) yogurt and sour cream dressing with some spices. A non-commercial alternative to Ranch dressing.

There's a halfway decent egg and olive oil mayo that we get sometimes...never on a burger.

Mori, it looks good but where's the beetroot and pineapple ?

Next time, Shannow, next time!
wink.gif

I love beets. I eat them like others eat apples. Beets' naturally high nitrite content scares me a little.

I got a beef with beef -- mad cow and all, you know. I'm cool with the occasional bison on my plate, though.

Yep, if you go to a fish and chip shop and ask for a "burger with the works", you will get:
* a beef patty, pressed very thin, onto which cheese is melted after it's flipped;
* bacon;
* egg, with pineapple placed centering the yolk, then flipped to cook the pineapple, and partially cook the egg;
* lettuce, tomato, and beetroot.

Assembly (varies on locale, as does the meat/cheese, which can be egg/cheese etc)...from top down

bun
beetroot
pineapple
egg
bacon
tomato sauce
cheese
beef
tomato
lettuce
bun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger#Australia_.26_New_Zealand

Quote:

I got a beef with beef -- mad cow and all, you know. I'm cool with the occasional bison on my plate, though.

most of ours start eating grass as opposed to sheep, so it's (apparently) not so big a deal down here.

I'd love to try bison (I love water buffalo, it's a noxious pest down here)...might set up a bison farm, could you send me a few seeds ?

Quote:

Missing pineapple, bacon, but forget the beetroot (tinned variety. Now baked organic beetroot in with other vegies is a different story.

Bacon? Yeah, sure some Niman Ranch bacon would be just fine. In my kitchen people may accessorize their burgers as they please.
wink.gif

Canned beets are inedible. I'm talking about red and golden varieties, so garden fresh they burst with juice when you bite into them. I don't think I ever bake beets. I should try that. What's good with baked beets?

What's good with baked beets ?

Balsamic vinegar and pepper (you know, the small balls, not capsicum).

Chop the beets, pepper them, and drizzle generously with (expensive) balsamic. baby carrots mix well with them.

We like baked Brussels Sprouts with them, but many don't.

Quote:

I'd love to try bison (I love water buffalo, it's a noxious pest down here)...might set up a bison farm, could you send me a few seeds ?

There's a guy talking about turkey-basting his brake fluid. He may be able to help you out with bison seed recovery. There are no bison in CA, I think. Well there are some in Golden Gate Park.
grin.gif

Quote:

There's a guy talking about turkey-basting his brake fluid. He may be able to help you out with bison seed recovery.

Will go well with the Capsicum annum (Peter pepper) seeds I bought the other day (can't cook with them in this Brave New World, may as well shock the neighbours)

My wife makes awesome meatloaf. Ground beef, turkey and pork. I love a meatloaf sandwich. I also like a burger with Bleu cheese. I think beets are the foulest thing on the face of this earth, though. Sorry.

My burger of choice is basically blue cheese stuffed meatloaf (ground beef, 1/2 lb, mixed with egg, ground onion, garlic, a tiny bit of bread crumb, salt, pepper, splash of worshtishier, bit of mustard, bit of ketchup). Make two 1/4 pound patties and drop a big ol wad of blue cheese on one of them, and put the other on top and form into a regular burger shape. Top it off with some swiss after the flip. Oh my gawd is it a good way to make a burger.

If you try this, it must rest for about 3 to 5 minutes or else the blue cheese runs out everywhere. It's very RICH as well.

When my wife does Jamie Oliver style tray bake she cuts the bottom of small beetroot and sits them around the meat/poultry with potatoes, brussell sprouts, carrots, parsnip, pumpkin (Japanese), celery. Sometimes copious amounts of balsamic (doesn't need to be expensive) and always herbs. Stick an organic chicken in the middle with a boiling hot lemon up it's jacksy (Jamie tip) and a meal hard to beat imo. No BSE here of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back